Hello All!

J-M-Williams

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. I've been lurking for a while and I thought it was time to test the waters. I'm a complete noobie but I learn fast. I'm not an overclocker due to a crappy system and and even shittier budget. Here are my specs. Got any suggestions?

BTW I should probably add that this is the original factory setup. I haven't changed anything yet. It's actually just a system my fiance bought for school. It's an HP Pavilion A1101N. I would have prefered to piece together one myself but she graduates college in a couple years and it wasn't a given that I would have finished it by then. :D

OS Name: Windows XP (Personal) Service Pack 2

Browser: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050915 Firefox/1.0.7

Email Client: Thunderbird 1.0.6

SYSTEM

Chassis: Desktop

DMI Version: 2.4

Machine type: AT/AT COMPATIBLE

Disk Space:

Disk C: 67695 MB Available, 88254 MB Total, 67695 MB Free

Disk D: 1869 MB Available, 7125 MB Total, 1869 MB Free

Disk E: 0 MB Available, 4434 MB Total, 0 MB Free

Physical Memory: 504 MB Total, 271 MB Free

Memory Load: 46%

Virtual Memory: 1230 MB Total, 862 MB Free

SwapFile: 755 MB, max used: 308 MB, in use: 158 MB

Registry size: 4 MB (current), 56 MB (maximum)

Motherboard

Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.

Model : Guppy

Version: 1.03

Chipset Model: 845G/GL/GE Brookdale Host-Hub Interface Bridge (B1-step)

Chipset Vendor: Intel Corporation

CPU: Intel Celeron D

CPU socket: Socket 478 [PGA 478 ]

Processor Upgrade: ZIF Socket

Max CPU speed: 3066 MHz

Slots: 3 PCI

- Multi Proccesor supported

Capacity: 512 MBytes

Maximum Capacity: 2048 MBytes

Maximum Memory Module Size: 1024 MBytes

Slots: 2

CPU CPU

1 physical processor / 1 logical processor

Vendor: GenuineIntel

CPU Full Name: Intel Celeron D

CPU Name: Intel

Edited by J-M-Williams

Well, I do have to say the rig's specs aren't horrible, you can actually work something out of it. Sounds like your budget ain't that much so if your planning to mod, the best we can recommend for later is cold cathodes and fans, unless you can prove me wrong. Heres an idea. Take pictures of it, inside and out, create an album, and post them there. Post a thread linking the gallery and ask for help, we'll help you from then on now being able to see what were working with. See you in the forums, don't be afraid to post.

Well, I do have to say the rig's specs aren't horrible, you can actually work something out of it. Sounds like your budget ain't that much so if your planning to mod, the best we can recommend for later is cold cathodes and fans, unless you can prove me wrong. Heres an idea. Take pictures of it, inside and out, create an album, and post them there. Post a thread linking the gallery and ask for help, we'll help you from then on now being able to see what were working with. See you in the forums, don't be afraid to post.

551466[/snapback]

I'll remember that about the pics when I get some down time to open it up. Would I really need fans if I'm not overclocking? I don't think my system is running hot just browsing on the web right now lol. I know what you mean though, I would need a better cooling system eventually but when I get there I'll probably use liquid cooling.

I'll be seeing you. I'll be posting as long as I can find somthing that's not over my head <_<

I'll remember that about the pics when I get some down time to open it up.  Would I really need fans if I'm not overclocking?  I don't think my system is running hot just browsing on the web right now lol.  I know what you mean though, I would need a better cooling system eventually but when I get there I'll probably use liquid cooling.

I'll be seeing you.  I'll be posting as long as I can find somthing that's not over my head  <_<

551471[/snapback]

For the fans, just a modding idea (like neon, led, or just better fans). I doubt that your rig would hold up a good stable overclock anyways. Anyways, good luck, and please don't be afraid to PM (personal message) me when you posted the picture, I'd be more than happy to help you :thumbs-up: .

-This concludes my friendly OCC welcome

Welcome former lurker!

I don't think anyone will be asking for more specs...  :D

might have a bit of an issue with your free space on your E drive though....

551467[/snapback]

Well you never know what specs people look for :)

Anyway the E drive is my Cd-r/dvd drive. I just have a movie in it and that's why the space looked a bit odd.