Teaching Creationism In School..

BarneyGumble

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a good point, but we are forgetting the topic of this thread; teaching flying spaghetti monsterism in schools.

552535[/snapback]

As long as it is in Home Economics, dont have a problem with that either.

You want the truth on the issue ... read EVOLUTION by world famous Microbiologist Michael Denton ...

Here is the basic idea behind ID or Intelligent Design:

(the argument below makes no reference to the life/evolution issues)

Hundreds of millions of people get in their various cars everyday and turn the ignition key expecting their engines to start and their vehicles, each composed of thousands of parts, to take them to their destinations. The shuttle composed of over a million parts recently returned from space after a successful trip to the space station. Astronomers study events which took place billions of years ago in places billions of miles away (if they are right) expecting that the laws discovered HERE in our solar system apply equally THEN/THERE also. The earth and other planets, their moons, the asteroids, the comets move with such mathematical precision that we recently intercepted a comet millions of miles away and hit it with a probe. I recently assembled a new computer from many very complex hard and soft components made by many manufacturers (I purchased them online from many vendors through a wonderful system - the Internet); when I turned this new computer on, it worked - first time.

ALL of modern man's technology, from the wedge to the Hubble telescope, and modern man's 'faith' in the same, depend on the precision and invariability of these natural laws. How explain also the simplicity of these laws which are integrated so harmoniously together to form a multifaceted Universe which no single man can even attempt to grasp ?

These laws are there. We discover them. And no one has been silly enough thus far, to my knowledge, to propose an evolutionary process to explain them.

Mathematical Precision, Invariability, Simplicity, Harmony.

* How a design and no designer ?

If you were to take a trip to the moon today, to a part where no man had been before, and you found a WWII B17 bomber, perfect to the last detail just as if it had just come off the assembly line in 1943, sitting on the moon's surface, would you accept the explanation that it was created by chance natural forces or it 'just happened' ? Even racists, unreasonable per se on race issues, postulate aliens to explain the pyramids.

* A truly incredible design, ergo

Edited by thespin

That's a good point, but we are forgetting the topic of this thread; teaching flying spaghetti monsterism in schools.

552535[/snapback]

Arguing these kinds of things in a forum is like participating in the Special Olympics...

Even if you win, you're still retarded.

No offence to any body with Downs Syndrome.

I dont see what the big deal is. The theory of evolution takes what, two days to cover and review? Creationism, if given the same amount of time, would hardly create a problem. The teachers arent telling the kids what to believe, they are just discussing published theories. And as long as they arent saying one is absolute truth, or getting into creationism at such a level as to cover any one belief system, I dont have a problem with it...

552529[/snapback]

I have taken Biology in the public school system, and I can most definitely tell you that evolution takes far more than two days to cover. Some people devote entire careers to the study of evolution and its related topics.

And once again, Creationism is not a theory because is not supported by scientific observations. A theory is an extensively tested or supported explanation, and Creationism has not been tested or supported by observations or evidence. Creationism belongs in a social studies class, explained along with all other major creation myths.

I'm just putting my .02 cents in here. I am Christian but I believe in evolution as well as creationism. How? Because I think that some sort of supreme power or force had to start everthing. How did that dust cloud appear in space and then form into planets. And once the planets and stars were all there, how did life come about? I doubt life formed from the hot springs. I have never seen any reproduction of life from something non-living. Until someone can show me life being made out of nothing I will believe that something had to start the whole process.

Now, will he just follow you? Or will he question what you tell him and come to an objective decision on his own? As any good student should know, you must always question what you are told and think objectively about it.