Id Vs. Evolution In Public Schools

Aristotle

I dont think people should be taught something based on a fictional book that was written for children to keep them on their best behaviour all those years ago :)

554399[/snapback]

The Bible is not fictional. Some parts of the New Testament are synaptically spun to support the writer's point of view, but there is no doubt that the events (to some degree), writers, and people actually existed.

Well, it's based on Judasim, which was based on Zoroastrianism. However, some Judaistic beliefs spawned from fear, and the first 10 commandments were sacrficial rules <_<.

554419[/snapback]

The 2nd Commandment instructed the Jews NOT to make animal sacrifices as they had done before (God didn't like it).

Christianity is based on Judaism just as you said, but that's about where it ends. Around the time of the actual happenings of the new testament (the books weren't written till about 60+ years after all of the new testament events had ended), the Sadducees in the Jewish 'High Church' were the voice of the church, and they discounted Jesus as being the messiah. That is where the road of Judaism-Christianity forks. After the Sadducees discredit jesus, the Jewis church breaks into small sects. We have Gnostic Judaism, Marcionte Judaism and Montanus Judaism, all of which were forms of Messianic Judaism. Those sects broke into other sects, those sects broke into others, and next thing you know, 1800 years down the road, we have modern christianity, whose beliefs and traditions have almost nothing in common with judaism. The only link between christianity and Judaism today is the Bible and the Torah, and the Torah is only five of the 66 total books in the Bible. Those five books are Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy, all old testament books, further proving that the Jewish church is still struggling from within to accept that Jesus was the son of God, as his stories were written in the new testament.

So, the point of that redundant paragraph is to point out that Christianity and Judaism are almost complete 180's of each other. To say that "at one time Jews sacrificed animals and their beliefs were based on the diaspora and fear of obliteration, thus the christian faith, whose lineage can lead back to the jewish faith, is also based on fear and dillusions," is making it too simple, and inaccurately represents the religion.

I know that paragraph probably doesn't make a lot of sense unless you think like I do, so I don't expect you to u nderstand it KB. If anyone can understand it and translate it into something people can comprehend, please do. :lol:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The sources I have posted clearly negate Denton and his arguments. They should not be cast off so lightly.

I am a hard scientist. I know the language of hard science. Denton speaks this language cogently and clearly in his book, Evolution. The article you provide a link to does NOT speak this language. Instead it uses the language of the SOFT SCIENCES: Sociology, Psychology, etc which ARE NOT exact sciences but depend on much guesswork, practical methods, etc. When evolutionists speak the CLEAR LANGUAGE of the hard sciences, I will respectfully listen. But evolutionists CANNOT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS: make HARD ASSERTIONS with EXTREMELY SOFT EVIDENTIARY SUPPORT - which hard science debunks.

This is an argument appealing to ignorance, meaning that because one doesn't know the answer one must therefore accept your posit, that life was intelligently designed, without question.

LOL ... evolutionists are the ones that make the claim that life happened by chance. I lay out the minimal functions that the first life form to exist must exhibit. I ask the evolutionists to explain how such a complex organism could happen by chance (can a monkey type Milton's Paradise Lost by chance ?). Do I get an answer ? For the evolutionists cannot intelligently answer the question. I will ask the question again. How could such a complex organism happen by chance ? How can evolutionists support THEIR CLAIM that life happened by chance ?

The argument is merely an appeal to ignorance and is not even entirely accurate in its construction. Anaerobic organisms are the oldest kinds of bacteria on Earth with clostridium tetani (tetanus) as an example. Most of the first organisms (bacteria) survived only on gas and light as sustenance. This violates your original premise that the first organism must first be able to "2) discriminate as to what food it takes in (else it would poison itself)". The standard of when an organism is actually considered an organism is also arbitrary, existing on a contiuum; however, Evolution does not concern itself with such topics. Science approaches this subject through a study known as Abiogenesis.

Unguided evolution is like burying a paperclip in sand and hoping that after a few million years it will turn into a Athlon64 4000+.

554810[/snapback]

Hey, try it, post in some liberal blogs that you predict paperclips buried in the right area of the wold will eventually turn into AMD64 4000+'s, then wait. Some crackpots will latch onto it, and next thing you know, we will be reading in the history books that a wise man named 94Camaro hypothesized that paperclips buried in the sands of the Mojave would one day evolve into AMD64 4000+'s.

Yup, and we'll all laugh at the idiot who took his name from a southern hick who lacked the mental comprehension to understand anything his pasture didn't feed him via a spoon :rolleyes:.

If you're seriously going to just post arguments like that, which show your lack of knowledge and comprehension of evolution, don't post at all. Idiots.

Pasture= pasture.jpg

Pastor = pastor-2.gif

You are working under the assumption that I'm a religious person KB. Just because I have respect for, and study, the christian side of the spectrum, that doesn't mean I don't see what the other side is talking about. I guess being raised a baptist doesn't help my situation much, but hey, it's good to respect both sides.

You sure are pretty judgemental about Southern hicks, calling people idiots...you wouldn't happen to live up north would you?

Yea, I appologize if I could care less what another hick thinks of the car I drive, and would rather get better milage.

11 MPG is NOT my idea of a good car.*

*And no, I don't own or drive a car, but I do plan on getting something other then an SUV that gets two inches to the gallon.

Yea, I appologize if I could care less what another hick thinks of the car I drive, and would rather get better milage.

11 MPG is NOT my idea of a good car.*

*And no, I don't own or drive a car, but I do plan on getting something other then an SUV that gets two inches to the gallon.

554884[/snapback]

You drive your Kia, I'll drive my gas guzzling, environment polluting, Spotted Owl killing, ozone destroying, global warming causing SUV, GOD BLESS AMERICA! :thumbs-up: