O Boy Another X800gt(o)

Mr Ham Cake

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814142052 its the"beefer" version ofx800gt, but its the x800GTO, like the car i guess, but it looks like the best card anyone could get for under $200, bummer part is, I've never heard of thisbrand. Connect3d, but none-the-less, looks pretty sweet.

Performance-wise its about the same as a X800 pro.

Sapphire has a GTO^2 than can be modded (BIOS flash) to get X800XL/X850XT performance. TechPowerUp wrote the article on how to acomplish this. Basically they use a R480 core that isn't hard-locked and has 4 pixel pipelines disabled. Once the Bios is flashed you basically have the performance of a X800XL (X800XL uses the R430 core @ 400/1000). Now depending on how far you can OC the card you can get around X850XT speeds as well.

Yeah the x800 GT is ATI's better version of the popular 6600GT. It performs A LOT better. There is also an improved version of the gt which is the gto and IT has about the same performance as the x800 pro but its cheaper to make.

Edited by Crazy_Dude

same performance as the x800pro?!?! show me bechies please, last time i checked, 8 pipes rarely outbenchies 12 and above. The GTO (not the GT *looks @ crazy*) does look promising though but thats a diff story, besides there pci-e, not agp so for agp cards from ati the x800pro is the BEST bang for the buck.

same performance as the x800pro?!?! show me bechies please, last time i checked, 8 pipes rarely outbenchies 12 and above. The GTO (not the GT *looks @ crazy*) does look promising though but thats a diff story, besides there pci-e, not agp so for agp cards from ati the x800pro is the BEST bang for the buck.

550243[/snapback]

woops lol ment the gto editing post

550243[/snapback]

Ummmm the X800pro has 12 pixel pipelines.... :smack: