Opera Questions: Before I Can Switch From Firefox.

Mr_Yuck

I would like to get a forecast thing for Opera, but have no clue where to look or if it's even possible

--Search bar, by pressing F3 in the same window.

---Add engines to search box

----and the ability to have ctrl T open a new tab instead of add a bookmark, which should be Ctrl B. :bah:

Other than those three things, Opera is great, and if I can at least get the Weather and Search box like firefox, I will switch, until now...it's just sitting in my quick launch bar with a pretty little red O

I would like to get a forecast thing for Opera, but have no clue where to look or if it's even possible

The best you would be able to do for this is add a panel (aka sidebar) that has the weather information in it. This would be like running a small web page in the panel... I thought there was a weather panel, but it looks like I was wrong. Shouldn't be hard to make one though.

Search bar, by pressing F3 in the same window.

Opera doesn't have a "search bar" that looks like that. You have a traditional "find box" which is similar to the one found in MSIE. The default key for this is F3 or Ctrl + F.

Now, Opera has a quick "Search for text in page" which can be accessed by just pressing the period key and typing the text that you want to locate. i.e. .rules Using F3 afterwards will take you to the next place the text is found, and using Ctrl + F will bring up the find box with the text already in it.

You can edit any and all keyboard commands in the options. See the next item for more info. ;)

the ability to have ctrl T open a new tab instead of add a bookmark, which should be Ctrl B

You already have this. Just edit the keyboard settings to whatever you want them to be. Tools > Preferences > Advanced > Shortcuts You can change any of the keyboard shortcuts or mouse gestures here. ;)

Add engines to search box

This is one thing that Opera doesn't do well. :( The search listings are controled by the search.ini which can be found in your Opera profile directory. You can edit this file by hand, using notepad or any other text editor. There is a (free) 3rd party program available as well that makes changing the search options a bit easier.

I think that covered everything. For what you are after, Opera may not be the browser that is best for you. It's great for me and many others, but that doesn't means it's going to be the best for you. ;)