Speed Or Capacity?

I have one stick of DDR266 128, and one stick of DDR333 512=640mB.

Would two sticks of DDR400 256 be better than what I have?=512mB.

With dual channel support?

(I use the machine for gaming)

Edited by BarneyGumble

maybe i just dont play the right games, but 512 has never been a problem for me. course, even if it was i dont have the option to upgrade to more (empty wallet syndrome). i know you all disagree with me, but my one stick of pc3200 512 never really seemed to be a problem...

4X256 would be best as 512 doesnt go very far in the gaming world these's days.

548654[/snapback]

not sure where you got that from... on most motherboards you can't even get four sticks of ram to run at stock speed/timings...

to answer the question, yes, 2x256 pc3200 would be SO much better than the mismatch you've got at the moment... just get some CL2.5 or even CL2 and you'll be laughing :D

(there is some nice OCZ value ram that's something like 2.5-3-2-6 and cheaper than other value ram :) some of it oc's like it's bigger brothers if you get really lucky)

:withstupid: 2X512's will be amazing compared to what you have now. And climberdude, I thought the same thing until I actually used 1Gb... Holy crap the multitasking and games were noticably faster.

nrg... Holy crap... your overclock! First it was no IHS in your sig and now it says naked :blink: I may have to try that.

Edited by CmpFreak88