Which Nvidia Card Maker Is Better?

Psychotic_god

I'll be using SLIed 7800GTXs in my new rig :P , and I was planning to get dual XFX, but I've been hearing XFX isn't the best to go with :blink: . Suggestions on which card maker I should go with?

By the way, check out my new gallery: ---> HERE <--- :thumbs-up: .

I'll be using SLIed 7800GTXs in my new rig :P , and I was planning to get dual XFX, but I've been hearing XFX isn't the best to go with :blink: . Suggestions on which card maker I should go with?

By the way, check out my new gallery: ---> HERE <---  :thumbs-up: .

548205[/snapback]

you know where the "XFX is crap" rumor got started, at least my take on it since i have owned now three XFX cards, is they were the biggest supplier of 6600GT's, and when those cards first came out, because of their cheap price, alot of people who did not know anything about PC's bought them, and they just stuck them in and expected them to work, they didn't know how to install drivers properly, or how to even plug in the external power connector, so instead of trying, they threw up their hands and said "XFX SUCKS"

honestly, i think XFX has the fastest 7800 cards out right now, stock clocked at 490 core if you get the good ones, i wouldn't hesitate one minute to buy their products again, especially since they now have the double lifetime transferrable warranty, they will bring top dollar on ebay later when you decide to sell because the second owner gets a lifetime warranty too, as long as you and the second owner register the cards on their site

As for XFX ive heard bad thigns about the lower end 6 series cards, mostly hardware failures. but as for the 7800GTX adnd the 7800GT, ive heard nothgin bad about them so far.

I like BFG and eVGA a little more, and have to say PNY is quickly becoming a BS brand to buy (my old PNY cards have served me well but my 6800 recently died, and is about to be sent for an RMA if i can convince the bastards it needs to be...it artifacts like hell, sounds like RMA time to me....)....I like Leadtek aswell, but you heard the concern above....

leadteks 7800gtx wont fit if you get the extreme edition, the non extreme one sure will fit.

as for the xfx thing, although we havent heard problems from their 7 series, i still wouldnt risk my money on them again after the bad reviews they got for their 6 series cards, many defective and early 6800gts agp cards with memory clocked at 900mhz instead of 1000mhz which happened to me. dont know if this is true but many say xfx use cheap parts for their cards.

i will go evga or leadtek for my next nvidia card

here are the XFX OC to 490mhz http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814150104

here is the Leadtek 450mhz (but considering that u have a good WC system you should be able to OC this baby if u want)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814122229

Edit: as pacho said its only the extreme versions that wont fit unforunatlly i had to buy the extreme now i cant get it with SLI and have to buy a whole new video card setup in a few months :glare:

Edited by Krazyxazn