Sign in to follow this  
Supertech

Bf2 On Lindows

Alright fellow geeks....I have a question. I just got the free download of Linspire that they offered a week or so ago. My question is this.

Can I load and play BF2 on it?

system specs are

XP 64 3400

1 gig ddr dual channel

160 gig sata

Nvidia 6600 gt

anything else you need to know post here and ill answer.

Window$ Blow$ with all their product activation and updates and security issues all the time....juat looking at alternatives.

Thanks in advance.

yeah the sad fact of the matter is, even though micro$haft winblow$ is evil, it is still the only OS that will run the programs that everyday joe's use....and that includes most games......

yeah the sad fact of the matter is, even though micro$haft winblow$ is evil, it is still the only OS that will run the programs that everyday joe's use....and that includes most games......

548118[/snapback]

except Mr Potato head! :lol:

Guest Jeremy
certain games WILL run under windows if you have the right emulator. ie. cedega

548129[/snapback]

...though it usually is an awful big hassle just to get a game running, and sometimes is kills the FPS.

You'd need to buy cedega or try to compile it from CVS, either way, it will work, and since you have an nvidia card the drivers are good, it will be work though

You'd need to buy cedega or try to compile it from CVS, either way, it will work, and since you have an nvidia card the drivers are good, it will be work though

549024[/snapback]

I dont think that is true. I agree nvidia linux drivers are good, but there is still to much windows code in it. Even cedega cant translate it all. No one has got it to work on linux.

--Clicky--

EDIT!!: After revisting this post, I clicked my link again. It seems battlefield 2 now works with cedega 5.0!, this is very good news indeed.