• Outpost
    • Sygate
    • Windows XP SP2
    • Zone Alarm
    • Linux
    • Hardware / Router Only
    • None
    • Other

Last week, we asked what antivirus program everyone was using. This week, we ask a similar question... What firewall do you use, if any?

Personally, I like ZoneAlarm for the systems in my house, though I was also lucky enough to be part of AVG's beta testing of their new firewall. I was pleased with it, and I'm still considering purchasing that. ;)

Also, I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in all of the polls thus far. This is our fifty-first weekly poll, which means that we are just shy of running these for one year. Not to bad if you ask me. It's fun running these polls for everyone, but my time has come. I'll be passing this task off to another staff member starting next week. I hope you've enjoyed my polls, and I look forward to seeing what polls we get in the future!

I use Windows SP2 firewall as its simple to use and easy to turn off. Not sure if its doing its job but i havent had any problems :)

**Thanks D3 for your polls its the highlight of my Monday**

dang i sound sad and lonely there :|

Panda.

BTW great job on the polls, D3.

Edited by Phil

SPI firewall <-- hardware... and norton internet security 2005 for my sofware firewall

The only firewall I use is my linux router box that has never let me down, is always running, and has never given me a reason to worry.

I use a package called Smoothwall which is a great way to implement a PC hardware firewall. The cool thing is, it is highly moddable too with lots of extra add ons.

Edited by LobbDogg

ZoneAlarm works perfect with me, I use the software firewall in conjunction with my NAT router.

i use norton on my laptop because it came free and nothing on my desktop. i also have the router firewall so i think im good