Sign in to follow this  
Nodgiles

Folding Addiction

Well, im ashamed to say that I have been a member of OCC for about 9 months now and just started folding; ; To be honest I didnt realize what it was all about, or how easy it was and how little it would effect my daily use on the computer.

I decided today that I was gonna give it a shot, and now Im folding on 3 computers. Im currently folding on a 3.0pent that will be running 24 hours a day, an old 800pent that will also fold 24/7 and a 2.5pent laptop that will only fold when my father isnt lugging it around to job sites. My 2500+ @ 3200+ is still out of commision untill I get my new video card and harddrive. I have to say Im addicted and I actually feel like a better person just for helping out. Thank you OCC members for making me feel good about myself, its been long ovedue. Cant wait to get my dna strand^^

:foldon:

Big smiles! Thank-you too. Big fun for me was moving up the ranks. With 3 rigs running now you ought to make the top 100 in no time

Welcome to the team. We all understand your addiction - and actually encourage it! :P If we're going to be addicted to something, its nice that we've found something that helps others, advances science and is fun as well! :foldon:

it is a good thing for somebody with an addictive personality. INstead of doing something that causes cancer (smoking), you can cure cancer. Have fun with it.

Oh, you're in trouble now :P Welcome to the addiction :) It's a world of compulsive stat checking, but it's fun too! We're all glad you joined up, and I hope you continue to enjoy it. Make sure to post up if you have any questions. There's a few folks here that know WAY too much about folding and can surely help :)

Also, I'm not sure if you've seen the Extreme Overclocking stat site, but here's the link. Those are my stats, but on the left, you can put your own name in and get yours. It's fun to see who you're passing, and who's passing you :)

Well I dont know about passing people in no time. My fastest computer is reporting that WU take 1day 17 hours to complete, and my slowest is 5 days 7 hours. Still will be a few weeks untill I get my main rig up and going though.

there is one draw back to this addiction all these comps get expensiveafter a while not only for the parts but also for the electricity but i think its still cheaper than cocain :D