Anti-gmail Uprising?

Verran

There's a secure connection during sign-on, but it's not https after that - it's all plain text, and can be read by anyone between their servers and your computer. 

544491[/snapback]

I don't know which GMail server that you connect up to, but mine is encripted even after the connection...

If someone wants that data, they are gonna get it, search warrant or not.  Who's to say "they" aren't gathering all this info on you anyway?

544491[/snapback]

This is still true.... encription just makes it harder, not impossible...

Oh please. If you're doing private sensitive stuff over a FREE email server, you shoud not expect privacy. I don't. Its their email servers, and you're not paying for the right to privacy. In short, you cant trust any free email service.

But I use them anyway. I mean really, who cares if they read notes from my girlfriends and friends. Its not like their gonna come down to arizona and stalk me. Thats more likely to happen from you lot.

Edited by andrusk

Oh please. If you're doing private sensitive stuff over a FREE email server, you shoud not expect privacy.  I don't.  Its their email servers, and you're not paying for the right to privacy.  In short, you cant trust any free email service. 

But I use them anyway.  I mean really, who cares if they read notes from my girlfriends and friends.  Its not like their gonna come down to arizona and stalk me.  Thats more likely to happen from you lot.

544540[/snapback]

I read your email andrusk. :P

Exactly my point!  And is that really any different if you're talking about hotmail, yahoo, etc?  None of them should be used for super professional or important stuff, IMO.

544483[/snapback]

For business use I strictly use my @verizon.net account.. <- It just sounds more "Professional" don't ya think?

For business use I strictly use my @verizon.net account.. <- It just sounds more "Professional" don't ya think?

544580[/snapback]

I did the same thing. Like out of college, applying for college. *@wmich.edu looks a lot better than *@hotmail.com

I read your email andrusk. :P

544567[/snapback]

Then you know all about my plan to overthrow the the producers at the major tv stations and force the sitcoms to remove the laugh track from all shows ever made. We'll see how funny the show is when somebody isn't cueing the sheep in the audience when to laugh!

i think people are just being a bit stupid really. if something is THAT important, don't use email at all. People just don't like the fact that others' success will wipe the floor because of superior management and implementation. Gmail is excellent, and most google products are too. half the anti-google people are proabably microsoft fan-boys!

oh well. long live stupid-sized crazy free storage!!