Who To Blame For High Gas Prices.

cdoggown

I must say I am impressed MSN has such a true article on their site...

This guy has it pretty much smack dab on the head. We were operating at 95% crude oil refining capacity before Katrina. She knocked out a dozen or so refineries along the gulf coast, thus taking out 20% of our refining capabilities...if we are already working at 95% capacity and lose 20% of the total percentage we ARE refining... that equals a deficit in refined crude oil/gasoline, and increased prices. The moral of the story is we need to open up more oil refineries, and start drilling more of our own oil (and trust me there's LOTS of it), and the price per barrel will go down, and we won't be straining the oil industry for every drop they can refine. That way if we do have another Katrina, we won't have to worry about losing 1/5 of our capabilities and have to feel that loss at the gas pump.

lol. I'm all in favor of drilling UNDER the tundra. UNDER Texas (more so than they alrady are). and even the canadians have TONS of oil they're not touching... we could buy from our nice neighbors to the north of us too.

but then again some would argue that we could just invade the middle east and take what ever we want :) right?

I think we are doing the right thing. Wait for the Middle East, South America, and Africa to dry up in 20 years. Then when they are dry as a bone, say, "hey world, we got lotsa oil. Who wants some?" Then we get even richer, better, and greater.

but then again some would argue that we could just invade the middle east and take what ever we want :)  right?

544374[/snapback]

Exactly bigred, what's the point of spending $100 million to make a few more domestic oil fields and drill our own oil without losing any lives? Why do that boring stuff when we can spend hundreds of billions of dollars, invade a country just for their oil, and lose thousands of Americans' lives in the process! Hell yeah! :lol: