Gpu-fsb ?

0r4d0

My rig:

ASUS P5P800

Prescott 550J 3.4GHz (17x200)

1GB Kingston ValueRAM DDR400

ATi Radeon 9250 256MB

I got 4.1GHz (17x242) using a 5:4 FSB:DRAM divider (link), but at 243 the baby dont boot.

The RAM is working at 193MHz bcause of the divider so I dont think is the problem, or yes ?

The MoBo now.. I've set the AGP/PCI at 66/33 so I presume the bus is locked.

But I noticed that the 'Radeon 9250' GPU clock is 240MHz. Is it a coincidence or this could be the cause ?

It's just a coincidince that it is clocked at 240.  4.1 may be about your max, although I dont know too much about Intels.

544196[/snapback]

No, Prescotts can go up to 270MHz FSB (link)

Edited by 0r4d0

Well that's still a good oc. If your not satisfied why not try better ram.

544219[/snapback]

If I do better with the CPU, maybe I'll change. But if I use a divider is not a RAM problem, or I'm wrong ?

Heat: At 4G the CPU is like 50

Edited by 0r4d0

Well the RAM is running close to it's rated speed, so I wouldn't think it would be the RAM, but you never know. See if you can get it to boot at 243 with a 3:2 divider.

544227[/snapback]

I tried 3:2 also.. And I've done 225MHz at 1:1 with this RAM. Sure is not the VGA ?

the clck speed of the CAG card has nothign to do with it and if the bus lock wasnt working then an ATI card woudlnt have made it that far....

so time to look at the board, run your hand over it and feel for any hot sports, check to see if the northbridge HS is hot, if you find a really warm chip on the board put a heatsink on it, if it has a passive HS, put a fan on it, and if the northbridge is hot with an active HSF then maybe try reseating it (mass productions tends to not get the HS on very well) or replacing it. idk for sure what the OCability of your board is, but it's either it's heatbuildup or its not geting clean power to the chip.

Either way good luck.

idk for sure what the OCability of your board is, but it's either it's heatbuildup or its not geting clean power to the chip. 

544263[/snapback]

I checked the north bridge HS and is Ok. The south bridge is a little hot bcause no fan get on it, but nothing special. It's an Asus MoBo. Maybe si not made for OCing, but is cool. The hottest part is the ATi card. It calmed down a little after putting the Zalman HSF on the CPU, but is still hot

Dont know what to say about the power the MoBo sends to the chip..

This is what Pc Probe shows in normal use

post-3337-0-41849000-1319735228_thumb.jpg

Edited by 0r4d0