• Kaspersky
    • McAfee
    • Norton
    • Panda
    • Sophos
    • Trend Micro
    • ZoneAlarm AV
    • Other

when I have a choice, I run AVG (free). Besides the price, I really like how it doesn't bother me as much as the big-name versions do.

(does linux count?) :D

i run norton on my laptop, and nothing/free on the other rigs (yes i said nothing :lol:) norton got to be a REAL PITA with my main rig and BF2, but it did a good job finding stuff :D

I just started using avast, free verson. Its effective, easy, and not annoying(except when you get a virus it says (warning you have a virus. or somthing) outloud.

Which is better Avast or AVG? and why?

I used to use Norton but It has been getting on my nerves. Like the fact it scans every friday night at 7:00 even though this isnt on the schedule.

But the school Im at ofers mcafee for free so I am gradually switching my machines over to that. It seems to be a lot better.

I use Norton Internet Security. It works fine, so why mess with it.

What I dont get though is the whole "It takes up to much resources" bullcrap. I mean comon. Most people have well over 512megs of ram nowadays, so whats the big deal if the antivirues takes up 30-40 megs or so? Beside the fact Im running 1.5gigs so 40megs to me is just stupid to complain about.

Edited by andrusk

I use norton's corporate edtion. one time purchase for 100 computers. no yearly subscription.

comes out a LOT cheaper in the long run and it actually works with win2k3 unlike AVG and mccrappy.

Guest Jeremy

AVG Free works beautifully for me. It works just as well as Norton or any other $50 Antivirus program.

I use Norton Internet Security.  It works fine, so why mess with it. 

What I dont get though is the whole "It takes up to much resources" bullcrap.  I mean comon.  Most people have well over 512megs of ram nowadays, so whats the big deal if the antivirues takes up 30-40 megs or so?  Beside the fact Im running 1.5gigs so 40megs to me is just stupid to complain about.

543677[/snapback]

Perhaps, but there is a noticable difference when you uninstall bloated Norton and go to something tiny like NOD32 or AVG.

I use NOD32.

the onloy reason i go with McAfee is because it is free with comcast and i am a cheapass. if i can get something for free why pay for it.

AVG Free, Zone Alarm Pro firewall, MS Antispyware, Spyweeper, Adaware and Spybot keeps things running smoothly for me.