Sign in to follow this  
LoArmistead

New Draft For War On Terror

Guest Batman

Frankly the use of nuclear weapons is out right dumb. It will in the long run harm the earth as a whole thus affecting the US. Frankly The US and russia have enough Nuclear weapons to destroy the world 9 times. Like once wasent enough. I mean come on, the cold war is over. Even though the threat of terrorisim is real I dont think that it is nessicary to fight with nukes. Even if they hit us with one we shouldent respond with another. It will in the long run destroy this planet and everyone here. Frankly im sound alittle doomsday like. But its reality guys. We have the power to kill everyone and one person, has the power to use it. Frankly I think thats to much responsability for one person that has a speech impairment. I think more checks and balances need to be inplace for our nuclear arsenal. Many of you die hard war fanatics might no agree with me, but the fact is we could kill ourselfs in the process. Terrioists have a different mentality then us. They think that they have to do whatever they can to hurt our nation. Shall we stoop to their level? I say no..

why hire anyone Lo.... that's what JSOC is for. the CIA finds em, then send some of those fine specail forces folks in and... well fill a few more body bags.

should we shove a few cruise missles up someone's rear end? perhaps. a .50cal round between the eyes? okay. nuclear bunker buster bombs (yes this IS a real weapon that may go into development soon... and NO it won't destroy the earth... it'll be enough to cave in a mountain side, fusing all the rock around the blast area, making it harmless to the ecosystem in theory).

Batman...I'm not sure you've read the whole thread...these are not the giant mushroom cloud nukes like the one's used on Japan. These are just large bombs. That's all. It just saves us some fuel by using 1 nuke instead of like 5 Patriot Missles...that's all. What you're saying is sorta like saying a cigarette harms a person much less than 2 cigarettes...yea, it does hurt less, but, not by much.

Guest Batman

I really dont see why people get so excited about blowing . up.. War is bad no matter what side you on (lib or conserv). Killing is wrong, I mean I just dont understand how people can support bigger guns to kill even more people... Arnt we more civilized then this?

and buddy, These "Bombs" have 1000x Times the power then then the two bombs we droped in WW2. If your still talking about "nukes" that is..

Edited by Batman

Batman...I'm not sure you've read the whole thread...these are not the giant mushroom cloud nukes like the one's used on Japan. These are just large bombs. That's all. It just saves us some fuel by using 1 nuke instead of like 5 Patriot Missles...that's all. What you're saying is sorta like saying a cigarette harms a person much less than 2 cigarettes...yea, it does hurt less, but, not by much.

548750[/snapback]

So let's see. Instead of killing a million innocent people to take out a cell of 50 terrorists you are going to kill a few hundred innocents to get at that same 50 using a smaller "no cloud" nuke huh?

The nukes used in Japan were toys compared to the WMD currently in the U.S. arsenal. Let's face it - nukes were never developed to be 'nice' weapons. If you want to limit the kill zone, you don't use a nuke - you use a conventional warhead. It will do the same job at far less cost without the fallout. And yes, even those teensy tactical field nukes will leave fallout no matter what your are saying.

Thing is though where do you see this bill limiting Bush to the use of tactical field nukes? From what I can see so far this gives Bush greater power to launch a nuclear strike. Period.

Frankly giving any one man that kind of power - even a saint - scares the crap out of me. And Bush is no saint.

Guys, you keep repeating the same stuff over again, so I will repeat what I've said on the past three pages. These nuclear bombs we theoretically would use aren't earth busters. They aren't going to kill millions, they aren't going to cause nuclear fallout, and they won't mutate our unborn children. These missiles don't even create a bigger explosion than say a tomahawk would. The only difference in them is 'how' is blows things up.

why hire anyone Lo.... that's what JSOC is for. the CIA finds em, then send some of those fine specail forces folks in and... well fill a few more body bags.

The only problem is that every branch and agency involved in JOSC is still bound by federal regulations and government watchdog groups in Washington (set in place by our lovely liberals in the senate to make sure the US doesn't 'exceed its authority.' However, since all JOSC ops are initially classified...these watchdogs only know what we tell them ;) , however politically incorrect that may be... it's our way of saying thanks to the neo-commies). Privately hired mercenaries would not be bound by federal red tape, and they would have private passports. Since they are not under military jurisdiction they would be permitted their own weapons and ammo, and the freedom to do whatever they want in that country, as long as it doesn't violate their 'contract' (which isn't a formal contract as we know, as that would tie them into federal jurisprudence). So many loopholes to exploit, so little time! :lol:

well I'd like to add a bit of an insult here. patriot missiles are NOT offensive weapons. are designed as an anti aircraft / missile weapon system... you don't launch them at a ground target.

also WTF is a "no cloud nuke"? you stoned or stupid? jeez we have conventional weapons so powerful they kick up a mushroom cloud too. it's nothing more than the way the power of the blast is directed. a nuclear weapon of ANY yield detonated above ground or into the water table will cause severe damage to anything around it, cause fall out, radiation poisoning ect. the use of a nuclear bunker buster is simply to put that bomb in to a big rock, like a mountain, causing such a vibration it caves in all tunnels in the mountain or shakes any living thing to death, while sealing harmful radiation inside the hole in the ground (no fallout if only dust from the outside of the mountain is thrown into the air). the trick to the weapon is to put it in the right mountain, at the right depth for deatonation, with the right yield warhead... poof everything hiding inside the mountain (don't argue animals, animals can't dig thru granite) DIES.

as far as mercenaries... look at the mess they caused in africa in the 80's and 90's. the UN had a fit about them. Of course I don't see that much of a problem with thier methods OR thier results.

The company was called Executive Outcomes. They were a division of Ranger Oil of Canada, who is a huge global company into mining, oil, and pretty much anything else they can make money off of. The concept is simple. the UN refused to use the word genocide when referring to a few African countries, since it would force them to act. So EO stepped in and went to the legitimate gov't of the country in trouble... tells them they'll restore order, keep order in the country. No money trades hands. they only want exclusive mineral rights to the country, and they will still pay for what ever they take out... but no competition can be there. in several cases EO put down major civil wars in a matter of weeks... simply by taking out the entire comand and control portion of the rebel army or revoltionary group (similar to what we should have done YEARS ago to these groups).

of course this makes the UN look like a bunch of idiots because they were afraid to get involved and feared loss of many lives and millions of dollars. they chased EO out of a few contries, and suddenly violence errupts again and the UN is under fire from the exact enemy that EO silenced.

UN also complained that a majority of the mercenaries from EO were from the death squads in South Africa who used to go out and murder black oponents of the gov't. they would not accept the "soldier following orders" argument.

so mercinaries would NOT fly well. I say screw our own gov't system and just turn our dogs of war loose... what's the point of having them, training them, equipping them if they're going to just sit on the sideline or be forced into tasks of the average soldier? they're trained and armed to take the fight to the bad guys no matter where, when or how... let em do it.

You know, your insults only proves to me that replying to you is a waste of good time and effort. If the response to posting your opinions in these forums is insults and belittlement, I'm not interested in participating.

Attempting to carry on a mature recourse with opinionated morons is not my idea of pleasant way passing time. See ya around butthole.

Moderator/Admin, please feel free to ban this account. I will not be using it further. Thanks for the fish.

So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long So long ..............................................................

and thanks for all the fish!

:P