Sign in to follow this  
red930

7 Types Of New Windows.. Omg!

everything i've read so far puts XP64 ahead of all the vistas as far as performance, reliability.. etc etc

543325[/snapback]

Vista is still in Beta, it's pretty much expected to be unstable right now. What have you read that compared the two? I'd like to read it.

i'm not upgrading to it until i absolutely have to for the same reason as bishop. I was also talking to a instructor at my college about it and he thinks it will be like what IBM did back in the day with clone computers. Basically this might make microsoft lose a ton of money and people won't be all for them anymore but jump to something like linux. And i really don't feel like learning linux but eh why not right?

should i be forced to upgrade to a new windows, it going to be ultimate. i hated home's "lack" of networking which didnt suit my needs. so im willing to pay a pretty penny for ultimate, or just bust my chops and learn linux like bishop.

For most of us here on OCC and other technical savvy people, it's still one of two options: Home Premium Edition or the Ultimate Edition. We'll only consider Home Basic Edition if we're on a really tight budget. None of the Professional Editions apply to us since they lack all the multimedia stuff we use right now on XP.

So the average consumer now has three options rather than two. The fact that two of them have Home Edition in the name is definitely going to be confusing. Though the differences between either Home Edition and the Ultimate Edition should seem to be more blatantly distinct than with the current Home and Pro editions of XP.

vista is like taking all the things you hate about xp pro out. half of the useless stuff is gonna be gone. its gonna be very nice.

its layout is pretty cool to. i am running it in virtual pc its pretty tyt

Edited by ThunderChicken

as stated it is still beta as far as i know and that means yes it will be a bit more stream lined as they havent added al the trash into it yet but it will most likely be 10x more bloated than xp is just look at how winblows has progressed it gets better everytime they make it kinda then they add alot of junk in to it and say its needed then people like us go in and turn it off or just plain delete it because it is so unnessasary it gets in our way plus now we have to deal with drm this drm that and it is stupid

Read my post, it's actually not as bad as it seems. Out of the seven versions, three are for business/corporate use, so those get eliminated from the average user's choices.

That leaves you with four options. The Starter Edition is something no sane person will ever consider (I don't think they're even going to sell it in developed nations). So that leaves you with Home Basic Edition, Home Premium Edition, and the Ultimate Edition. If prices are similar between both Home Editions, you really only have two choices: Home Premium Edition and the Ultimate Edition.

Wow, that's so many options. How will I ever be able to decide which one to get?!?! :P