Good News And Bad News....

This is a reply to my Moco/Cpu Combo for Under $100 thread....I think I won't need a new processor....I think my MOBO died. I cleaned my CPU(athlon 2400 T-Bred) and put it back in and I still get a blank screen(no bios)...I took out the cpu and it won't boot...even though I can eject my dvd rom and HDD is moving(I can hear it) The mobo I got I ahve replaced before....... :rolleyes: and I got the same one.... :rolleyes: an ECS 741GX-M..so could I be right bad MOBO? since i took out cpu and mobo still doesn't report... :lol: I think this time(3rd time) I will not get a ECS MOBO, bad experiences.....I will order an MOBO try CPU if it doesn't work return MOBO

So what do u guys think? :foldon: Good plan...?

ecs = junk to start with get a new mobo and stay away from ecs

541395[/snapback]

aka PC Chips, Amptron, Matsoinic, Alton, Abit, Soyo, MBI, FMI, and several others are ALL the same company. I'd avoid anything by them if possible.

try DFI for a cheap alternative... we KNOW they hold up very well.

If it booted with an empty socket, we're not worthy to be around you.

541392[/snapback]

What does that mean? :glare:

What is a good one around $50 dollars...My FSB is 133, and my processor is a Athlon 2400

And I will remeber ECS is a shotty company :angry2:

Thanks guys for the new info^^

Edited by Christian3807

I personally like ECS, i have an old ECS in my other PC, and it works flawlessly! I even accidentally smashed some part of it with a screwdriver once while installing a new HS (with no thermal compund >.<), but it keeped on working. It's 4th year now, I think it is a really stable card for everyday use. Must be luck of the ddraw thought, what you get.

I personally like ECS, i have an old ECS in my other PC, and it works flawlessly! I even accidentally smashed some part of it with a screwdriver once while installing a new HS (with no thermal compund >.<), but it keeped on working. It's 4th year now, I think it is a really stable card for everyday use. Must be luck of the ddraw thought, what you get.

541429[/snapback]

So what is a good MOBO that is good for O/C'ing? :foldon: