Sign in to follow this  
ill_industries

Msi Tech Support Blows

(begin rant)

i wrote through their online form the following after filling out the specs of the rig...

Motherboard

Model* p4mam2-v

Revision* 1.0

CPU1

Brand/Model* intel celeron d

Speed* 2.93

Package(Slot/Socket) socket 478

F.S.B.(66/100/133MHz) 533

Memory Module

Slot1 Patriot 512mb 266MHz 2 Sided

Slot2 Patriot 512mb 266MHz 2 Sided

Display Card

Type onboard

Brand Name* onboard

Model* onboard

Graphic Chipset onboard

Power Supply

Brand Name* Thermaltake

Model tr2

Wattage* 430w

IDE Device

none

PCI Slot

none

Operating System

none

Problem Description*

wont post with everything stated above no hd attached, no ide cables, no floppy, bought as a combo from tigerdirect, all brand new unused either a compatability issue with ram or cpu power will turn on, power led will illuminate, no sounds, no flashing lights etc., was tested inside case, removed from case and tested on a esd foam mat with same results... any help is appreciated

and then their gay butt generic response.....

Dear Customer,

Please kindly refer to our test report for approved components to use with the system board:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mai...ail.php?UID=644

Please kindly refer to our online troubleshooting guide for the issue:

http://www.msicomputer.com/support/sup_tshoot.asp

Please do verify all other components like the Processor, Memory Module, Video card, and Power Supply in another working system board to determine the cause of the problem.

Please try with clearing the cmos setting on Jbat1 jumper or removing the battery on the mb out for 1 minute and put it back in with power off.

Please test out the mb and components outside the case with mb box to support the board. This can prevent any short or grounding problem to the mb and it

Edited by ill_industries

Responding to their not-so-great email with smartass rude comments is not going to get you better tech support. Your best bet is to be as nice as possible to them. I prefer calling and talking to a real person, rather than email. Sitting on hold for 30 minutes is better than waiting two days for an email that doesn't help.

did you read my RMA thread? it stated NOT doing what you did. dont' email them, don't be mean to them. MSI is fine to work with if you know how to do the dance.

did you read my RMA thread?  it stated NOT doing what you did.  dont' email them, don't be mean to them.  MSI is fine to work with if you know how to do the dance.

540893[/snapback]

:withstupid: That is so true! I have never once had a problem with MSI on returns. If you are nice and know how to talk to them it is much easier. Another thing is to always call them. DO NOT email a company for an RMA. Always call them even if it does take a little more of your precious time.

im not a good dancer and the problem had nothing to do with an RMA

whats the point of "online tech support" if it really doesnt exist

if they didnt read my first email, they definately wont read the 2nd...

im not bashing the product in any way

ok im done now

Guest FxXP
bought as a combo from tigerdirect

I think I see a problem with that already. Best to avoid that idiotic excuse for a reseller.

im not a good dancer and the problem had nothing to do with an RMA

whats the point of "online tech support" if it really doesnt exist

if they didnt read my first email, they definately wont read the 2nd...

im not bashing the product in any way

ok im done now

540936[/snapback]

usually you have to go thru tech support to get to RMA, so the instructions on how to best handle them work wonders. I bet I can get thing resolved with MSI in under 20 minutes... EASY. any info I want, an RMA, anything.

as far as tigerdirect... I swear that a pack of monkeys runs the place.

they do. and its very annoying how they ask for the last 4 digits of SSN just to place an order via phone. but my dad was able to not give it up. thank *insert your diety* we never dealt with them again for 4 years now.