Sign in to follow this  
LoArmistead

Your Favorite Recordable Media

Welp, my favorite form of recordable media is the Verbatim DVD+/-R Digital MovieReels. I picked a few packs up at BB for $9 a spindle (BB Greensboro is a test store for instant rebates!). Needless to say the next day they were back up to their usual $20. These things are GREAT though. I can make excellent DVD movies with them. Made a perfect copy of Sin City, I have never gotten a pack with a si ngle dud in it. I recommend them to anyone who does a lot of movies.

Pretty much anything made by Ritek/RiData works fine for me. On occasian Taiyo Yuden is good as well.

Woops forgot about MCC (Mitsubishi chemical corp.) is also fine as well.

Edited by lilkev715

Wax cylinders. :thumbs-up:

Oh, I don't know, I don't do anything "mission critical" like DVD movies or anything. I just grabbed some Sony CD-RW's at the store the other day. I'll probably see how bad they suck soon enough.

Pretty much anything made by Ritek/RiData works fine for me.

540823[/snapback]

:withstupid:

I like Memorex for CD-Rs though.

I usually use memorex for cd's

maxell for dvd's

However if the cat does get on the desk and knocks a few loose and 1 lands

vertical on the floor hard enough it will crack and fall apart making it usless. :blink:

I really like Ridata and Taiyo Yuden, I can get them for cheap in my area so that is another plus as well.

i like memorex

i dont have a dvd burner but there cd's are IMPOSSIBLE to break in half!

540766[/snapback]

had nothing but problems with those things. all of my plextor and optorite drives (making up all but 6 of them) refuse to use write to them, and the samsungs give me fits some times too. memorex replaced the disks, same problem. I have yet to try them in the dvd towers... but it doesn't really matter anymore. switched over to optidisc. I get thim by the case, 10 spindles of 50 for $210 each. nice part about them is they also have the printable surface on the top to run them thru the r200 printers :)

which reminds me, my wife has been home for a week or so. she's been back to working on some editting jobs. should probably order a few more cases for her :(

ive bought dirt cheap drives, and dirt cheap media, and never had ANY problems. actually...i have never burnt a coaster....EVER hell the CDs i have now are so crappy they dont even have a brand name...