Bosco's New System

Bosco

Well after much debating, sweating, and sleepless nights I have decided to build a new system.

So far this is what I have decided.

Athlon64 4000

GA-K8NXP-SLI

2X1024 Kingston

2X6800GT or 6600Gt depending on price

2X74gig Raptors in Raid or 2X36gigs depending on price

I don't plan on overclocking it, :smack: this computer is going to be only for Battlefield and any other game that I throw at it. I know people are going to say buy a FX well the cost is to much and I don't think that I need it not like I need SLI either :lol:

So what do you guys think? I need a machine that is strictly for gaming only I have plenty of other machines for everything else that I do. <_>

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word of advice from a nether Gigabyte board user turn arround and run away from the giga board if you are 100% sure you want it thats fine because it is your rig but my suggestion is go for a Epox SLI board its about 120 and should work better i have had some pretty bad experences with mine. Just letting you know :) all in all sounds like it will be a bad arse rig - the board :P

CIG, He's been using Gigabyte for years. Why not stop now? (Yes, I have had my tortures with the Gigabyte SLI board, but don't let him know that.)

I like it although Kingston and Gigabyte wouldn't be my choices for a gaming rig, but that is more a personal experiance choice than anything else. For gaming rigs I like to stick with MSI for the mobo and for the RAM well Kingston just hasn't performed very well on A64 systems.