Sign in to follow this  
bigred

Stupid Cat

Take it to the vet and get it declawed. It might still be annoying afterwords, but atleast it wouldnt be able to grip your flesh anymore.

I hate cats:

Mr Black Cat

537442[/snapback]

But you're a cat! :P

We get these for my cat and they work great. Soft Claw It won't keep him from attacking you, but it will keep him from drawing blood. And its kind of funny to watch them when they first realize they are no longer able to scratch things.

I hope a mod closes this soon, animal cruelty isn't funny.

537403[/snapback]

I think it is important to take care of mean animals, but I have to agree that this thread has become a little disturbing.

If it tries to bite you, grab it by the throat and squeese till it coughs then drop it on its butt. Then get it de clawed.

he's a little over a year old now.  so the kitten phase should be over.  the other problem is he only seems to do this kinda stuff to me.  he's sweet and gentle around my wife and kids...  I've tried the squirt bottle...  but the vet said to add a little vineger or lemon juice in it.  no effect.  I yell, he runs off and waits for his next attack :(  I should just stop yelling at the dogs when they go after him (they don't like him either...  but obey the rules not to hurt him... too much).

537436[/snapback]

You say he's sweet around the rest of the family huh? Let me guess, they're all really nice to him and you yell at him and throw stuff at him. Cats have attitudes and in my experiences will treat people they way people treat them. :lol: Maybe be nice to the cat for a change? Might take awhile, but I bet he'd stop attacking you.

Also, have you neutered him? That tends to take some of the aggressiveness out of male cats.

Oh and if he spends time outside, don't de-claw him. That removes pretty much all his defenses and you'll end up with an unhappy wife and kids after something kills him.

I think it is important to take care of mean animals, but I have to agree that this thread has become a little disturbing.

537493[/snapback]

I agree.

I'll agree with the fixed idea as well.

he is fixed... and I tend to ignore him. he's pretty antisocial towards me. and usually stays clear of everyone. but he'll come up to others purring and being nice when does interact with the family.

infact he's sitting just outside the door... on his back waiting for me to leave my office... he's in for a suprise.

he is fixed...  and I tend to ignore him.  he's pretty antisocial towards me.  and usually stays clear of everyone.  but he'll come up to others purring and being nice when does interact with the family.

infact he's sitting just outside the door...  on his back waiting for me to leave my office...  he's in for a suprise.

537584[/snapback]

lol, oh god

wonder what the suprise is?