Sign in to follow this  
bigred

Stupid Cat

lol My mom has a cat just like that. It attacked me like that one time and one time only. What did I do you ask? It lunged at my left arm and out of a reflex action I gave the cat a right hook into a wall across the room.

I hope a mod closes this soon, animal cruelty isn't funny.

Getting another cat would solve the problem..It sounds horrible, but cat's annoy people when they are bored. When another cat is around, they don't so much.

I"m not looking for a "cruel" solution to this. I'm looking for a way to stop this cat from acting like this.

lets face it, if I wanted the cat dead or hurt... it would have happened already.

Let's just side-step the Jeffrey Dahmer animal training program and try something actually helpful...

Carry a squirt bottle (with water -- not HCl or some other stuff the first posters might recommend ;))

It's inconvenient, but everytime you catch Baby Damien up to something, let him have it (use the stream setting, not mist).

It really does work.

Yea, getting another cat should help a little bit, and is this a cat, or a kittin?

Because if it is a kitten it should gro out of this. Also, try carrying a squirt bottle around with you for a little while and whenever it attacks you, spray it. Cats HATE water...this trick also works with some dogs...dogs dont mind water but they hate it being sprayed in their face. Also, cats tend not to like loud noises...have you tried yelling very loudly when in attacks you?

he's a little over a year old now. so the kitten phase should be over. the other problem is he only seems to do this kinda stuff to me. he's sweet and gentle around my wife and kids... I've tried the squirt bottle... but the vet said to add a little vineger or lemon juice in it. no effect. I yell, he runs off and waits for his next attack :( I should just stop yelling at the dogs when they go after him (they don't like him either... but obey the rules not to hurt him... too much).

Let's just side-step the Jeffrey Dahmer animal training program and try something actually helpful...

Carry a squirt bottle (with water -- not HCl or some other stuff the first posters might recommend  ;))

It's inconvenient, but everytime you catch Baby Damien up to something, let him have it (use the stream setting, not mist).

It really does work.

537433[/snapback]

screw that, use one of those super soakers with like the 3 gallon tank you wear on your back, if you're gonna squirt him....squirt him across the room :P

screw that, use one of those super soakers with like the 3 gallon tank you wear on your back, if you're gonna squirt him....squirt him across the room :P

537437[/snapback]

I love that idea! :withstupid::D

Next time that cat does that, pickit up by the scruff of the neck, and whip it at the ground. I don't care how cruel it sounds, I've done it once b/c of my sis's cat (who bit me today..) and he rarely bothers me anymore. If you wanna get rid of it inconspicuously, leave all the windows open and let the cat run out. Then complain to the animal control place that there is a cat in your back yard, and they'll pick it up; easy as that.

I hate cats:

Mr Black Cat