"it's Over Oil"

bigred

ah, ethnocentrism.  gotta love it.

cybergrunt, you hit it on the head.  perfectly.  lack of personal responsibility is the root of our problems.  Now, some of the issues are personal responsibility, but some aren't.  Some start out as a choice, but then spiral out of control.  And sometimes it is very hard to determine what is what. 

But in the end, you are right.  We trust the news to tell us what is going on.  However, we can not trust the news.  So, we take our information from different sources, none of which are really truthful.  Afterwards, we are left holding a lot of information, that we aren't sure about, and try to decide what we believe.

538565[/snapback]

That's why the best job in the world is to be the guy who gets the news before the media spins it into oblivion :D

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyways, that is why i really like science: FACTS FACTS FACTS

none of this opinion BS

538556[/snapback]

Yes science is supposed to be all about FACTS, but how are the theories turned into facts? It is done by testing the theory until it is either obliviated or still standing which results in it being fact. Now who are these tests done by? Humans and that leaves things open to human error so in "theory" everything in science we believe to be fact could in reality not be 100% fact due to human error or human corruption.

*The above is a rambling theory I just thought up off the top of my head just to see how people react. I did not say this is my opinion or my belief. :)

Yes science is supposed to be all about FACTS, but how are the theories turned into facts? It is done by testing the theory until it is either obliviated or still standing which results in it being fact. Now who are these tests done by? Humans and that leaves things open to human error so in "theory" everything in science we believe to be fact could in reality not be 100% fact due to human error or human corruption.

*The above is a rambling theory I just thought up off the top of my head just to see how people react. I did not say this is my opinion or my belief. :)

538571[/snapback]

HOW COULD YOU TRULEY BELIEVE SUCH A THING!!! PRAISE AL-L-L-L-L-LAH!! YOU ARE RACIST, YOU HATE GAYS, YOU ARE CLOSED MINDED, WERE YOU BORN IN A BARN? I WASNT BORN IN A BARN, YOU ARE GAY, YOU ARE CLOSED MINDED, YOU ARE RACIST, YOU ARE....

is that enough reaction? :lol:

538571[/snapback]

well, true but not true. Science is based not really based on facts. It is really based upon peer reviewed opinions that appear to have good supporting information. These 'facts' can change as information changes so that science is always moving (sometimes forward, sometimes backward), but it is always undergoing a process. The beauty is that nothing is taken for granted, and if someone has a better theory, can support it, and others can duplicate, it can change.

Human error is a beautiful and lovely characteristic...for me to poop on.

The beauty is that nothing is taken for granted, and if someone has a better theory, can support it, and others can duplicate, it can change.

538580[/snapback]

unlike religion, where in the past it was being written and added to and changed, but now it is unable to be changed and it is accepted at face value.

Yeah kind of weird how your country is doing so well economically but everything costs so much. My buddy is in the airforce over there and is constantly bitching about paying 8 bucks american for a coke. You UK kids can keep that mess.

538527[/snapback]

dang yeah. lol ;/ $8 what kind of coke o.o is he buying.... can is $1