Favorite Breed Of Dog

LoArmistead

What breed of dog is your favorite?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. What breed of dog is your favorite?

• Border Collie
    • German Shepherd
    • Terrier
    • Dachsund
    • Beagle
    • Afghan
    • Doberman
    • Retriever/Lab
    • Rottweiler
    • Pug
    • bulldog
    • boxer
    • saint bernard
    • Husky
    • Other (post below)

I personally choose German Shepherds..though It was a close tie between the Shepherds and the Beagles. The main reason I chose German Shepherd is because A. They're dang smart, B. they're protective, C. they're not too big of a hassle to train/ they obey, D. they're good lookin', E. intimidating, but not overly badass like a rottweiler (also one of my favorites).

I guess I could say I like all of ther german breeds...one of the many things my fellow alemanians are good at :D Rottweilers, Shepherds, Dachsunds, Dobermans... you just can't go wrong.

Though nothing can really beat a good ol' American beagle...hermmm

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good old-fashioned american mutt.

Why?

Because I believe you get a healthier dog that comes away with the best that each breed has to offer.

536792[/snapback]

This is true. I have four dogs at the moment, 3 are mutts, one is purebred...and it's half crippled (don't ask). The best dog I've ever had is a German Shepherd-Doberman mix. She is VERY smart, very mannered, obeys very well, I really couldn't ask any more of her. She protects the yard in return for a nice bed in the garage. Unfortunately now she is getting up in the years. Most shepherds live to be around 13...and my dog is 13. Though she is old, she is suprisingly very spry for her age. She is off the bed and runnin with my 3 year old beagle mut as if she herslef were only 3.

i love my boxer's :) i have 4 of them, they are 100% puppy til the day they die, i have one with and arthritic(sp?) hip and she still loves to run(age 10), another that recently went blind(age 8) and she still plays everyonce and a while, and my buddy hes 7 and the best dog ever, you can let him out all day and he'll stay right by ur side, and do to recent occurences, meaning in 3 seizures in a month (2 in one day) hes been getting lots of attention, but he has a tumor in his brain, and might not live to much longer, and the newest addition, a 3 year, puppy through and through, we rescued her from a farmer who wasnt feeding or watering her, and left her outside last winter when the temps were below 0... but anyway shes just starting to play and its so funny :)

I believe the beagle is a british dog...

but for me it's rots :) got 2 BIG puppies. gotta love the big goof balls.

wife has 2 shitsu. a 15 yr old and a 7 yr old. 1 1/4 set of teeth and 3 eyse between the two little rats.

oh my...huskys definitely are my favorite...had two of them growing up as a kid...one lived to be 15, when he started getting very ill all the time...he had sight problems...occasionally running into walls and what not...so we put him asleep and had him cremated...his daughter who but 2 yearrs younger lived for about another year..maybe a year and a half...and then we had her put to sleep after she fell asleep under the tire of my dads truck before he went off to work =(...she was never the same after she was run over...so we to put her asleep and cremated her...both their ashes are in an urn the sits at my dads house above the fireplace...if i ever get another dog it'd be a husky...no doubt about it