Need Some Advice On Working Out

romeo55

Alright over summer i mowed a whole crap load of lawns (i had about 17 or 18 neigh bors that i mowed weakly) and pretty much got muscle everywhere cept my chest.

My question is i really have no time to go back to the gym during school days, is their a particular exercise that i can do at home that targets that specific area?

Thx in advance

Edit: for got to say that the reson why i'm asking is because i got a 6-pack that is hanging out past my chest lol

Edited by Crazy_Dude

Butterfly's will give u nice pecs, also when you bench, dont let the bar go all the way down, let the bar go down till your biceps are level to the ground, like this

post-78788-0-64343800-1315842069_thumb.png

this will also help build ur pecs up very nicely :) make sure u start off with a light weight, and moderate reps, for a week, then move up in reps, for about 2 weeks, then heavy weight and light reps, for a week or 2, the repeat, do that all year and it will show :)

Butterfly's will give u nice pecs, also when you bench, dont let the bar go all the way down, let the bar go down till your biceps are level to the ground, like this

post-78788-0-64343800-1315842069_thumb.png

this will also help build ur pecs up very nicely smile.gif make sure u start off with a light weight, and moderate reps, for a week, then move up in reps, for about 2 weeks, then heavy weight and light reps, for a week or 2, the repeat, do that all year and it will show

sigh... i would cept i can't go to the gym during school days :glare: maybe theres a bench press for sale.... pushups it is i guess

you can do pushups with weights balanced on your upper back (between your shoulders) to increase workload. The more you add the more work you are doing. The thing is with push-ups, they're very easy to do wrong. If you don't get your arms at the right angle to your body/pecs, your biceps/triceps will take most of the resistence. This means it'll take forever to build up your chest. You will be able to feel when your arms are in the right place, though.

I would do them in sets of 12, I tend to work it so that I am lifting enough weight to make me able to do 3 sets of 12 and no more... If you can do 50 or 100 or whatever, you're not lifting enough weight and you're not building muscle, you're just toning and losing fat

you can do pushups with weights balanced on your upper back (between your shoulders) to increase workload. The more you add the more work you are doing. The thing is with push-ups, they're very easy to do wrong. If you don't get your arms at the right angle to your body/pecs, your biceps/triceps will take most of the resistence. This means it'll take forever to build up your chest. You will be able to feel when your arms are in the right place, though.

I would do them in sets of 12, I tend to work it so that I am lifting enough weight to make me able to do 3 sets of 12 and no more... If you can do 50 or 100 or whatever, you're not lifting enough weight and you're not building muscle, you're just toning and losing fat

I know i'm doing them right (Dads in military) ahah I feel the burn....

Omg i got fitness test tommorow.... Wonder how i'll do with sore pecs lol

Aight, thx guys

I'm 45 years old and used to be in really good shape. There is no reason to buy any high dollar equipment. Setup a times for you to work out. The best time is early before you go to work or school. Pull ups (underhanded and overhanded) are really good for your upper body. It takes care of triceps, biceps,well...all of your arms and chest. After you build up strength, do them slower and more controled. Do push-ups. Do some set ups. The next day ...jog. Don't forget to stretch. The next back to the pullups etc,etc... Rotate back and forth. Don't forget to stretch and alway take a day or to of rest. Eat fruit instead of crap. Good luck.