cybergrunt69

Behind The Names

my nick didn't really started out as a nick at all... when i started university i soon found out that even with the most basic soundcard (soundblaster16 haha) you can make really really good electronic music using trackers...

so i made a simple website on my university web space and most of my music was kinda techno/trance/nrg so i called it "the hardnrg music page" or something as to the point as that...

the email address for the site was hardnrg(at)hotmail.com... a general email address for website feedback... i ended up using the hotmail email for everything because i could access it from anywhere rather than my intranet only university email account...

loads of people were like "wtf is hardnrg mate?!" and after a while it just kinda became my nick and then my online gaming name...

i think i'm signed up on a few forums as "catalyst" (driverheaven for example) because that's my dj name and it existed before "hardnrg" as a nick, but "hardnrg" is a lot less likely to be already taken...

funniest thing is that most forums underline the nick on the left and it looks like hardnrq with a Q and then people are even more mystified... :lol:

anyway, for anyone who didn't already know, that's my nick... which i use just about everywhere...

umm, I think I was like 8 when I first got AOL Instant Messenger, and I really liked hockey, and I played everychance I could get. So I started with hockeyrcks99 and then I forgot the pw to that, so I made hockeyrcks9901. And now, I use hockeyrcks9901 for everything...untill I remembered the pw to hockeyrcks99...

So I use that for AIM.

My CS nick is eukka`. I'm on the team satisfy, if any of y'all know who that is. But, eukka came from sitting in my friends house while he was playing. I was trying to think of a new name cause my old one(using my first name) was getting boring. When I saw the dog food that his family gives his dog...it was eukanuba dog food. Well, since me and my friend were on the same team, I copied him and added the second k...he's radikk. So I became eukkanuba`. Well, another teammate was laughin at the name cause it sorta sounded like "you a nub", and he suggested I cut the nuba part off, and I did.

So, there you have it. The origin of my two names.

Erm.... Pretty simple of how i came up with mine..

Listening to my mp3 player before i started playing mohaa the song classy lady please was on by eminem, snoop dogg ect...

Thought it sounded pretty gangsta

So here it is :)

Some forums dont allow the word classy lady

Which can be annoying so i use Belso, Which is my surname without an *M* on the end :P

Edited by bitchplz

"CyberGuy" is a handle I've been using for many years now. I've been using it since before there was an internet on my old 300 baud TTF (Thru-The-Phone) serial modem and Apple II clone.

I'm too old to change my ways now. ;)

Edited by cyberguy

remember Ronald?

we he and the Iran Contra scandal

well as a kinda slap in the face and a joke i started to use this name "Contra"

and no it isnt because of the STUPID video game

Very nice thread idea!!!

Mine comes from the fact that I have " obessive compulsive, Paranoia schitzotypical personality disorder", making me in medical and social terms "psychotic". The god part comes from many origins. First, jewish religion says god cannot be chaotic, immoral, aggressive, or shapeless ( I am not jewish). Ill take it he can't be psychotic and since I dont believe in god, its a funny thought that he would be psychotic. It also comes from my UT2K4 abilities. It aslo comes from my sometime (as you may notice) inability to grasp reality and seeing myself as the very fabric of existence (which is why my avatar is JTHM, because he is the only one that truly explains what it feels like to lack this logic).

Thank you for your understanding (and if you don't understand, then...hum...yeah....)

Mines pretty simple, when I first stared Building computers the first thing I bought was a Cooler Master Jet 7 Heatsink, and I have always been a Extreme fan of their high quality products

plus On wc3 my name was BmwMeister

So i was going to kinda combine both into CoolerMeister

but I was like eh Screw it, Coolmaster lol

moi?

Grey hair from 17, always ended up with a/some girl/s older than I am... :lol:

and uh, it sounds 'cool'. And stuff.

Guest Jeremy
if you have seen the Back to The Future Trilogy, you will know where my name comes from.  I am usually actually martythemcfly, but in gaming, I am Ender Wiggins.

535129[/snapback]

If you can kill an entire race of aliens then your a kick-butt gamer.

Anyway...my name is Jeremy.

Hello

I go by a couple other handles around the Internet. I'm not going to list divulge here so don't ask. But I have been using one of them since before there was an Internet (not this one).

I though about using one of my more common handles here, but after I found out what kind of forums these are - particularly in the forums I've been hanging around in, I decided on this one instead.

So why 'shiznit'? I suppose if I'm gonna be stirring it up, I might as well have a handle that fits the task. ;)