Behind The Names

cybergrunt69

well i needed a SN and i hate numbers at the end of a name. so cc for Command & Conquer, Halo for umm halo... and gamer bc some old lady in Idaho has cchalo (idk something from here name and other stuff)

so yeah cchalogamer was born.

and no im not Cchalogamer, CChalogamer, CCHaloGamer, or anyother non lowercase name.

ohh but i am =[1CAV]=cchalogamer or [NBK]cchalogamer

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine came from me being a huge star wars fan and loving the fett family. I was going to transfer that over into an email address so I tried newfett, fettt, and all those others, no dice so I put in oldfett for kicks and it punched right through. So yeah thats how it started. I use it for games and everything else because I've yet to enter anyplace and oldfett is already taken which is very nice.

This is a kickass thread. Had a lot of fun reading all of these. Never, in a million years, would I have figured out what ijagwalaafq meant :P Make's perfect sense now though :)

I have a few names I go by. I started with Syntax. This started with programs that I wrote for friends in high school and such, as well as a small BBS I used to run (old skool!). Carried over to a few FPSs, but I don't play many, so never really caught on. Plus, it's too common, tough to get a lot of times.

Then I came up with Calyn, for my elven druid in EQ1. I read a book with a guy named Galin in it (the first Magic: The Gathering book, the only good one). Liked the name, but didn't want to copy it, so I just started twisting it around in my head. Calyn emerged. Played the CRAP outta that char for 3 years, and the nickname Cal was a fun one. But then I realised (with some googling) that is was used by a FEMALE asian singer. So when I quit EQ, I figured the name deserved retiring.

So I moved on to Verran when I started SWG. I had come up with the name for my Gnomish Necromancer in EQ, but rarely played him, so never really got the name in my head. But it served my human scout turned jedi well for about a year in SWG. Then it was handed down to my Human Warlock in WoW. I lost my taste for the bastard alliance, so I gave the name to an Undead Warlock on another server. And that's where it's stayed.

I got the name from the word verde. Always thought it was a cool sounding word, so much like Calyn, I just twisted it around in my head until I had Verran. I really liked the name right off the bat. Now I use it for pretty much everything. Even used it for my Elven Sacred Exorcist (table top DnD), who happened to end up being my favorite character ever.

That's where the name came from...

My first name was when I was 9 years old and I got my own AOL account on AOL 3.0 or something like that... I had to install it with a floppy. So I had this fascination with snakes so I was Python889. Well as I got older and I created new accounts for different stuff I wasn't 9 anymore so it became Python8810 and then finished at python8811 where I found it symmetrical and stuck with it. After a while I got tired of people asking me if I had snakes and such since I had long been over snakes and I was the computer geek for everyone I knew. So I put in CmpGeek and it was taken. My sister always called me Computer Freak, since thats how siblings are and I put in CmpFreak and it was taken. A quick adding of my birth year and CmpFreak88 it was. I suppose CmptrFreak would have been more appropriate since I get a lot of questions whether I'm the camp freak, especially on CS:S, since I tend to camp back with the scout and pwn everyone :P . CmptrFreak also doesn't look as good. This is a pretty interesting thread.

i get my name from being well an Apostolic im a member of the united pentecostal church and we call ourselves apostolics be cause we follow the apostles and the apostolic doctrine. im also known as OneGodApostolics @ yahoo, hotmail and my space. God is a BIG part of me and it follows me everywhere.wether im doing the right things or being rebelious.

And then there's Dimonicka, ;-)

Mines a play on my middle name(dominic), I swapped the "o" and first "i", added a "k" and it became dimonick @ excite, hotmail, and yahoo. Been using the same three accounts since '96(they've become mostly bulk & spam storage tho).

I liked the look of the @ sign so it became Dimonicka at cybertown/ColonyCity(anyone remember that one?). That sucked a little cuz all the others assumed my character was a female. So then it became a good last name.

Horace/Horus came from an old Electric Light Orchestra song(The Diary of Horace Wimp) and from the Egyptian god Horus. I like the hawk's head and there are folks who say that the egyption child-god Horus best represents the current era of humans. We''re like kids playing with all their new, recently invented toys.

:foldon:

My initials, DEC, followed by wakeboarder.  I've been wakeboarding for 4 or so years now and love it, possibly one of the best things to do is just go out with some friends on the boat and wakeboard.

535644[/snapback]

Bah, what a let down.... this whole time, I thought you were a fan of Digital Equipment Corporation. I play with DEC Vax and DEC Alpha servers at work all the time, but not many people know what that is anymore. Hehe :)

Back in college, when I was hanging out in Video Game places (for you youngsters they use to have stores that had video console games to play, nothing else) I was pretty good and got high score quite a lot. When you got in the top 10, they asked you for your initials.

Well, my girlfriend (now wife of 23 years) hung out in the same place, and started to bug me about all the high scores, and why am I spending so much time in the Video store? Huh?

So I used my real name as a base (Marcus), warped to Mac. Someone else was using that on some machines, so I added my dorm room number.

mac173......................It kinda has a ring to it, if you say the letters...............