Behind The Names

cybergrunt69

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my daughter was born, we named her Madeleine which was quickly shortened to Maddy. My family name is Barratt, and my sister-in-law was mucking around one day with my daughter when she was about 1 or 2 years old, and just blurted out "You're a Madd Brratt, Maddy Barratt". I was looking for a username for some game I was playing online, and madbrratt was born. I guess you could say that this should be my daughter's nick, but I've had it now for around 8 or 9 years and I've pretty much used it on all the sites I register on. So she'll have to think of something else....lol

my original online alias was Spoiler222 - Spoiler in the meaning that I spoiled things and 222 as i was born at 2:22 in the afternoon.

however, due to a credit card expiring and me not knowing about this, M$ decided to lock my xbl account for about a year, so I made a new account, XxHellxRaizerxX, just because it sounded cool and raising hell is always fun (of course i went with my own spelling to make it a little more original)

mine came from the fact I had my first ever 2 cats, TC the male, Sheba the female at the time I joined OCC & my zip where I lived then, I know......Lame, ^_^ just never changed it

that was tomcat42071 now I am tcath2o= the cats water

Edited by tcath2o

Hmm, guess I'll tell my story here too :D

I've been using Dex as my online/gaming name for awhile now ( like early 2000 methinks )

Started out as the name of an RP character I created and really liked, Dexter Devlin, sort of an idealistic version of myself, first used it while playing C&C Red Alert 2 as DEX2812 (2812 being what me and friends dubbed our highschool hangout, a small wooded area on the side of the I-696 / I-75 interchange where we could smash old appliances and TV's to our angsty teenage hearts content, but that's a whole nother story! )

Ironically it's picked up quite a few meanings since then, I tend to play ranged characters or casters in a lot of games, which usually require a goodly amount of dexterity or DEX to be effective.

I was a bit of a poindexter up until high school (you know, the smart kid with glasses? :P ) after Jr. high I just kind got lazy though lol

And lastly, Dextromethorphan, DXM or Dex for short, a drug found in over the counter cough and cold medicines that is one helluva trip when you take a whole box (which is a bad idea, drugs are bad mmkay! ) and the only drug I actually dicked around with in highschool.

Dexrain is actually the name of my High Wizard in Ragnarok Online, I just added an element or verb of some sort after Dex for all my male char names depending on the characters job class, I use Dexrain when Dex or Otacon is taken or my name needs to be more than 3 letters :P

• 3 weeks later...

My very first name when picking out a screen name was goliath82887. Goliath came from starcraft and it just sounded like such a cool name. The SN was taken so I added my birthday to the end of it.

I went to a theme park one day with a bunch of people in the DDR group. While we were hanging out I decided to take up a whole bench to prevent a friend from sitting down. Didn't really stop him. He sat down at me and made me laugh and told me that the massive amount of his weight would crush my small body. He'd crush my insides so much that I would then have to pee in a colostomy bag. And everywhere I went I would have to carry around the bag, and that whenever I played DDR my bag would just be flying around and people would start calling me DJ Bag. (The DJ part comes from everyone in the community claiming they were a DJ even though they weren't). I actually liked the name DJ Bag so I went with that for a new screen name. It's actually DJBagownsyou. I've had it forever now.

The name Hush comes from another friend of mine who decided I needed a name to be called that wasn't my real name (which was really hard to pronounce). Everyone else in the DDR community had a nickname they went by usually for putting scores on the machine. Some of them include Squirrel Wrangler, Fatguy, Enigma, DJ Rage, Idykydy, Sheenaza, Abducted Vision, Kunai, Dukamok. It was decided that my name would be Hush... because I was a real quiet one. I barely spoke to anyone back then. I've gotten so used to it that people call me Hush even outside the community. The DJ part comes from the same joke as before and was necessary sometimes cause 4 letter names was always under the limit. If DJ Hush is taken, I usually go by El Hushorz.

And that is the history of my name.

I came up with my user name based off a band named Tennis-pro. I am a big fan of desktop style computer cases, So Desktop-pro it was. Pretty lame i know. :lol:

I am sure most of you thought it was referring to desktop backgrounds. Well now you know! And knowing is half the battle!

Edited by Desktop-pro

It all began when I skateboarded. I for some weird reason chose FliP as my name and modified it as time went on and finally I ended up with Flibo. I've had this nick for about 5-6 years now and I don't really like it anymore :P

My real name is Nikola, so it's obvious where my nick originated from. 19283... well, random numbers I suppose. IRL people call me "Trbo" (due to my last name) - Marine or Jack the Ripper - Dzek Trbosek in Serbian are less common. The marine nick originated from the fact that I was born in Canada and the weird idea that that everyone has about me being one of the fittest people in school. The ripper one was from the group of low-life undignified degenerates after I got into a fight with one of them for throwing a chair at me. Normally I'm very peaceful, and have been told to have a modest attitude - but let's keep it at that.

People see me as the nice guy - which is why I haven't passed the friendship barrier with anyone.

But enough about my school life... xD