:( P8 Needs Help. On His Hd Enclosure

p8baller07

Ok. I got a HDD enclosure for laptop HDDs.

So, today i purchased a 40gb, 5400RPM 8mb buffer laptop HD. New.

I put it in hooked it up and the works.

I plug it in. "Hardware Successfully installed" and it told me what kinda HD it was and so forth.

But the problem, its not in my My Computer. Anywhere.

YET. Its inside my Hardware Listing under Hardware devices.

WinXP Professional = OS

Here is a screeny.

Windows didnt assing it a drive letter, same problem with my 4GB laptop hdd, you can either use most windows based disk management utilities to set one for it, or you can use the XP built in management. Ill get you directions if you need to use the XP stuff. after that format it and your good to go (may not have to format but i suggest FAT32 for external storage (that way 98/98se can read it))

Right click My Computer and click Manage is the fastest way to get to it (be sure and click disk management :lol:)

(also click the area that shows the partitions of the drive (white space under blue lines in the above ss) Chose change letter and paths, then give it a letter that wont conflict with the rest of the system. Or choose format, format the drive and then i THINK windows will assign it a letter, but ive never actually botherd to try it in 2000/XP :lol: ive only needed to change the letter using the windows utility)