Sign in to follow this  
markiemrboo

N00b's Programming Challenge #1

I got the pyramid to work and the numbers but when it hits the double digits it shifts the pyramid level over and i cant figure out how to get it to display 01 instead of 1

but im still trying

i cant really type now cause i burnt my left hand real bad.

a coupe of madcatz blew up earlier than i though and it hurts real bad..

Yup, but this time I did it myself :D, and wasent it John that you copied off of....?

Ok I got mine working and I am very proud of myself :D :D :D

here is the .exe

Hope you like it.

I can download both yours and mine and they work fine.

What browser are u using?

Winner gets 5 OCC points (from my bank), gotta be n00bs only though (I know who you are mr verran!!! :P)

529988[/snapback]

Haha, I missed this post until now! How DARE you exclude me! :P

Disclaimer

I may well update the winning criteria. I'm guessing it'll mainly be my own judgement though. I could try and get Verran to evaluate them all and see which he thinks is best and compare winners (if we don't both agree on the same one) / come to a joint final conclusion?

529988[/snapback]

I'll definately be up for judging if you need help. Just let me know. I'll try to keep a better eye on this post now :)

Haha, I missed this post until now!  How DARE you exclude me!  :P

I'll definately be up for judging if you need help.  Just let me know.  I'll try to keep a better eye on this post now :)

531835[/snapback]

I'm back. I have 3 programs. I was hoping to get one from KB. Well, I did... sorta, the

printf(" *");

printf("***")

thing in his i'm annoyed thread :) That one wins on "humour" points at least :P But yeah, haven't actually slept for............. 3 days..... really. Had about 3 or 4 hours when I got back home but then I woke up again! Brr!! Sooooo......... i'll compare soon..... soon...... if I fall asleep later it'll have to be tomorrow ( or whenever I next wake up :) )

It was, in C:

printf("*\n");
printf("**\n"); /*etc*/

Like I said, I'm not the best at programming.

532098[/snapback]

But you're not that bad either. You're logic and understanding seems to be pretty good - for someone of your age especially - if you ask me :P You're not too good at maths though? Was that what was holding you back from doing the for loops? Maths is frustrating :)