Sign in to follow this  
wamason

Looking For A Socket T Mobo

Lo everyone. I'm looking for an LGA mobo that uses DDR (not DDR2), and has an AGP slot, and supports Dolby Digital Live! Encoding onboard.

I know I should probably upgrade to PCI-E and DDR2, but I'm satisfied with the components I have now, but I scored a P4 530 Presscott fairly cheaply, so I'd like to be able to use it with some of my current hardware. My NF2 DFI board supports DD Live Encoding, which I've found to be excellent (I connect via coax to my HT system).

Thanks!

im pretty sure that soundstorm by nvidia (which was ONLY on the nf7-s and one other mobo booth nforce 2 for socket a) is the ONLY ONBOARD sound system that can do dolby live

your only other choices are these two card

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....Submit=Property

booth of which provide dolby digital live and are really nice. The hda x-Mystique is going to be better on analog audio and have a lot more features and inputs (with a 20$ add on card whih has 2 spdif in and 2 spdif out for recording and stuff)

to my knowldge (which is 99.999% correct) thoes two cards and the soudstorm apu are the only 3 dolby live certified devices out for computers

saddly creative is wat too freaking stupid to put ddl on even there x-fi sound cards... which makes these A LOT better (if you are useing digital stuff like me)

Edited by BionicSniper

For a mobo, do a search on Newegg for Socket 775 (Socket T) + AGP, I found 2 pages of mobos that meet your criteria.

As for a sound card that does DDL, check out this thread that I created a while ago.

Yea, that's the main reason I don't want to part with my LanParty NF2 -- The DD Live encoding. I know some would consider it stupid to put off upgrading because of this, but since I connect to my HT system via coax, it's very important to me :)

The Intel 925 series chipsets have DD Live!, but they use PCI-E, so there are other DD Live choices, but not with the options I want.

I've looked at both of those cards, which aren't bad, but If I'm going to have to shell out more than $120 for a mobo and card, I'll wait and get an Asus with the 925XE chipset.

I'll probably just keep what I have for now and let the P4 collect dust until I decide to get something like a P5ad2-E Premium and the required RAM and Video Card.

Thanks!

Guest FxXP

The two boards that I know of that do this well are the Gigabyte 8IPE775-G and the Asus P5P800. However, finding Dolby Encoding on an i865PE board is next to non-existant.

Edited by FxXP

The two boards that I know of that do this well are the Gigabyte 8IPE775-G and the Asus P5P800. However, finding Dolby Encoding on an i865PE board is next to non-existant.

527501[/snapback]

ig you plan on overclocking then, the dfi lanprty 875p-t rev.2 excellent performers not much performance differance to the 925 chipsets and excellent overc lockers

Guest FxXP

I looked at the DFI, and though its great, it does not have what he needs.

Edited by FxXP