Osx86 Leak

Verran

In spite of all the crap people talk about the mac mini, I really wouldn't mind having one - I really don't see myself pushing it's limits much. Then again, it's only partially for the box, I'd like to try OS-X but I'm not crazy about the price of admission (hardware) - the X-86 version is what I'm after. If it takes a cracked version, so be it - screw that TPM, just let it run!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In spite of all the crap people talk about the mac mini, I really wouldn't mind having one - I really don't see myself pushing it's limits much.  Then again, it's only partially for the box, I'd like to try OS-X but I'm not crazy about the price of admission (hardware) - the X-86 version is what I'm after.  If it takes a cracked version, so be it - screw that TPM, just let it run!

534678[/snapback]

I'm probably gonna take a look at it. I wish they'd hurry up and come out with the X86 laptops! I really want one for college. I've got one year left before I leave to college which means Apple has 1 year to make that laptop or I'm gonna be pissed! :angry2:

I'm probably gonna take a look at it. I wish they'd hurry up and come out with the X86 laptops! I really want one for college. I've got one year left before I leave to college which means Apple has 1 year to make that laptop or I'm gonna be pissed! :angry2:

534781[/snapback]

o how true how true.. except i have 2 years.. so there will probably be an x86 laptop out by then .. ill be waiting .. and if they are not out in 2 years ill be pissed.. very pissed

• 1 month later...

how about an ISO you can just download and run. it IS legal thru apple's beta program and it'll even go out to thier site and DL updates too.

gallery_4758_98_136441.jpg

Edited by bigred

think of OS X like linux... that a chimp "should" be able to play with.

seriously, try not to think when messing with a mac.

I'm in the process of writing a little OCC type review of it. just for fun. so far it's been pretty decent, installed opera, open office, and F@H. going to see how a REAL cpu stacks up against a G5 (sempron power!). tomorrow I might do a second install of it on a higher end system... maybe intel, maybe even something outright nuts like an X2 or pair of opteron 875's. and see how they match upto a G5 setup.

Edited by bigred