Cd-rom And Floppy Help

Lilmodder

I was fooling around in my computer, and I noticed that last time I had my computer apart I forgot to plug in a fan. So, I unplugged the power cable on my Cd-rom and plugged one end of the fan plug in there. I wasn't paying any attention when i plugged the power cable into the other end of the fan's plug and i tried to put it in upside down. I guess I hit two wrong pins together and something went haywire. My comp immediatly shut off, so I got it booted back up and everything was fine except the LED in my CD-Rom was stuck-on and the rom wouldn't open. The other thing that wasn't working was my floppy drive, it was making a weird loud noise and it wouldn't read any disks. Is there any hope for these drives? :O:huh::angry::unsure:

Careful Volcom...

Some n00b is going to take you seriously on that and end up frying themselves... :ph34r:

Sounds silly? There's someone who will try it ;)

And Lilmodder... Might as well open up the drives (after you unplug them!) and see what went wrong...

Ya might be able to salvage something or at least have some fun ripping it apart :D

::Reminds self that case fans are not hot swappable components...::

hehe... hey its inevitable... they're gonna break their

computer some how... ppl like that shouldnt be allowed to

own a comprooter... they might as well break it like that and

go down like a champ thinkin they were fixin it... heh