Sign in to follow this  
Kamikaze_Badger

Is It Possible To...

Flash/VM a 6600GT to a 6800(GT)?

The card in question:

BFG 6600GT.

So, is it possible to flash/voltmod that card to a 6800/6800GT? Or are there hardware differences that prevent that, and I would just have to OC it to those speeds?

Well I doubt if you can flash/vmod an extra 128megs onto the card, but other than that it could be possible, though I bet improbable.

Well I doubt if you can flash/vmod an extra 128megs onto the card, but other than that it could be possible, though I bet improbable.

526570[/snapback]

It's KB, I'm sure he could just find a 128mb stick of ram and then figure out a way to solder it on. If he does that, then I might go out and get a decent card and then buy a gig of memory and "upgrade" my card. :lol:

It's KB, I'm sure he could just find a 128mb stick of ram and then figure out a way to solder it on.  If he does that, then I might go out and get a decent card and then buy a gig of memory and "upgrade" my card.  :lol:

526574[/snapback]

Well, when my brother heads out for Iraq... hmmm... :D.

I'm sure that if I buy him a new Ti4200 in the event that it fails, he won't mind :D. But, the question is...

PC4400, or not?

The cores are so physically different that it would be impossible, you could flash say a xxx to an xxxGT if the cores are the same but the amount of memory differs, you would just need a modded bios.

Different bit of kit sadly, there's no extra pipelines to enable and the memory controller is 128 mb instead of 256, the 6600gt is the top of the 6200/6600 tree really.