I Made An Awesome Game! :)

hardnrg

k, recompiled in Release mode rather than Debug which should look for the runtime version of DX9 (which normal people have) rather than the debug version (which crazy people like me have)

1st post updated, new attachment

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

k, recompiled in Release mode rather than Debug which should look for the runtime version of DX9 (which normal people have) rather than the debug version (which crazy people like me have)

1st post updated, new attachment

526490[/snapback]

Sorry holmes, I'm still getting the same error.... :(

k i think the error is because i've compiled with the august 2005 release and no-one has it yet... so download the august 2005 update (original post) because my game is SO cutting edge it uses the newest features of DirectX so you need to update it to experience the true awesomeness....

heh, yeah really you should lose a life or something if it hits the bottom but i haven't got time to implement lives... i'm sure if i try to do that i'll end up with a bunch of code that doesn't work lol...

anyway, i have to learn some kinda of OO design language like CRC or Tokenisation or UML or w/e to write the report (which is due in 15 hours from now, some of which i'd like to spend sleeping since it's now 2am lol)

yay procrastination

heh, yeah really you should lose a life or something if it hits the bottom but i haven't got time to implement lives... i'm sure if i try to do that i'll end up with a bunch of code that doesn't work lol...

anyway, i have to learn some kinda of OO design language like CRC or Tokenisation or UML or w/e to write the report (which is due in 15 hours from now, some of which i'd like to spend sleeping since it's now 2am lol)

yay procrastination

526508[/snapback]

Seems to work for me now! Good luck with the report...

well i found 2 bugs i think:

your not suppoased to be able to advance to the next level if you have negative points right?

wrong if you let the ball bounce off the bottem and the score is off the screen the next level seems to apper

i maximized wmp10 due to the extreme slownes your game inherited when changing sons and it died

quietliteraly the screen turned black and that was it i had to close it to get it back

hmm, the negative points / level advance isn't a feature, you can go to the next level regardless...

the game is hugely inefficient and the timing features don't really let other stuff run (it's not made to use any kind of windows multitasking features, it just runs away as if it was a dedicated machine)

well, thanks everyone, it works enough for me to be happy about handing in a working game, nothing majorly wrong and runs on more than just my computer with that update...

i wouldn't mind the report so much if i didn't have to use this god-awful OO design language thing... arg... why can't i just write a report?!

If you don't mind me asking (taking away from your precious report time :P), what did you write this in, and how much time did it take? Just kinda out of curiosity really. I'm starting to think about learning some graphical stuff, just in my downtime, of which I have plenty at the moment.