Rma Cheat Sheet

bigred

i just RMAed my mp3 player and a pair of headphones to new egg over the net..no problems here so i guess im lucky...

i would like to believe im not lucky and that newegg is just awesome

but im not sure after reading all this :s

I would like to RMA my x700 ,but after i took off the stock HSF, i lost on of the springy screws.Being convinced i couldnt buy one at a hardware store at the time, i ripped out the fan and messed with it.Then got pissed and threw it out..boy do i regret that now.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to RMA my x700 ,but after i took off the stock HSF, i lost on of the  springy screws.Being convinced i couldnt buy one at a hardware store at the time, i ripped out the fan and messed with it.Then got pissed and threw it out..boy do i regret that now.

584884[/snapback]

you could always find someone that has modded an x700 so heavily that an rma is out of the question... after i removed the shim, epoxied ramsinks onto, and volt-modded my 9800pro, i really didn't have any use for the stock heatsink... so i gave it away... pretty sure for free :)

• 2 weeks later...

I am RMA'ing a CPU I bought, then decided to send back to NewEgg, no problem. AMD on the other hand wanted absolutely nothing to do with me. NOTHING. They told me to contact the manufacturer.

BTW, is it OK to seal packages with duct-tape? It's all I have and I am too cheap to shell out for a new box and tape.

Once again, can someone answer this for me:

If you send something in for RMA and it doesn't meet requirements do they send it back to your or just keep it?

602424[/snapback]

My understanding is that you pay return postage. I've never had to do it though, so I don't know for sure.

Once again, can someone answer this for me:

If you send something in for RMA and it doesn't meet requirements do they send it back to your or just keep it?

602424[/snapback]

depends on who you sent it to. Sony for example will want a CC number in order to return it.

AMD will just turn around and send it back with an SOL note

amd IS the manufacturer of the cpu.  how could they tell you that.  of course there are very strict guildlines they demand you follow before tyring to RMA to them.

598609[/snapback]

:withstupid: something seems fishy there.

depends on who you sent it to.  Sony for example will want a CC number in order to return it.

AMD will just turn around and send it back with an SOL note

604048[/snapback]

I kinda got a crack on the actual LCD screen and even though the iPod turns on it says "Please contact iPod Support blah blah blah". If I try to RMA it and they say no would they just send it back or would they keep it?