Having Some Fun

Weee

Okay Finally got some work done, and took some pix.

First, After the disappointing 29C load temps, I decided to go ahead and add some more juice to my peltiers and some more flow to the fans on my rad.

So, I now have a 340W, 12v Pelt for the CPU, and 172W, 24V Pelts for the GPUs. To Power these bad boys, obviously a 300W, 12V power supply won't cut it. So, I went and bought a 600W, 12V power supply, I will run the two in series for the 24V and connect the 12V pelt to the large one.

Here are the PSUs!

f6d1f76d.jpg

To Beef up the Air flow through my BIX3 and BIX radiators, I went ahead and bought 3 panaflo 120mm ultra high speed fans, and they sound like a jet plane!

Here's the rad + fans

126c9967.jpg

In order to connect up the new peltiers to the power supplies, I had to lengthen the wires and put some terminals on the end. a 5 Dollar crimping/stripping tool made this job a lot easier and faster than the first time I tried it using nail clippers to do the stripping and pliers to do the crimping.

Here's a pic of the 2x 24V peltiers with their wires, I already installed the cpu pelt into its water block before I thought of taking pictures. I used speaker wire because it is a good gauge for the current and it looks kind of neat

9c1be233.jpg

And Finally, A close up of the cpu insulation neoprene and the Fan that I will be going on the ram via rubber band. Its easier to secure it once the cpu water block is in place.

af8bcdff.jpg

I hope to get some temperature numbers up this weekend!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ceramique on cold surfaces, as5 on hot surfaces, or so I've read

531211[/snapback]

Exactly man. Closer you get to sub-zero temps the more need you have to use Ceramique. You learn quick man! :)

i thoughtceramique was better overall? i read two of our reviews and it shows to be better than as3 then again i havent read any comparisons to as5

531325[/snapback]

When you factor in price it stomps AS5, but AS5 get about 1deg cooler temps once its all settled in. I switched form AS5 bc i refused to pay almost 2x more for 3.5 grams than what i pay for 22 grams...

I dont mean to rain on your parade, but I doubt those 80 watters are gonna be any good for those cards. I dont think you will be getting too close to amibient.

531588[/snapback]

So, I now have a 340W, 12v Pelt for the CPU, and 172W, 24V Pelts for the GPUs.