Sign in to follow this  
Weee

Having Some Fun

Hello All,

I was unfortunate enough to buy an A8N SLI Deluxe Motherboard, which from an overclocking standpoint appears to have been a BooBoo (anyone know if A8N sli premium is better for OC'in?)

Anyways, the good news is the widely separated slots have allowed me to have some fun in building a peltier cooled rig, 3 Pelts, 1 for CPU and 2 for GPUs.

My water cooling is all Danger Den stuff, Maze4-1 and Maze4-1 GPU blocks. BIXIII and BIX rads mounted together.

I'm in the process of setting up the system on the floor of my bedroom just to get an idea of the temperatures and have good access to check for condensation, and I just wanted to see if people here are interested to see some pictures.

Yep, always nice to see pics of peoples cooling solutions.

What cards are you hooking up the pelts to?

are you planning on daisy chaning 2 of those 850w pcp&c PSUs for this? what are you using. You will need so much power for 2 7800gtx OCs, not to mention the pelts, which are massive power hogs. And watercooling.

are you planning on daisy chaning 2 of those 850w pcp&c PSUs for this?  what are you using.  You will need so much power for 2 7800gtx OCs, not to mention the pelts, which are massive  power hogs.  And watercooling.

525139[/snapback]

I Have a Enermax 600W SLI PSU for the regular PC parts, I went kind of small on the Peltiers and got 140W for the cpu and 2x80W for the video cards and a separate Meanwell s320-12 Power supply that is enabled by a relay to the main PSU. One pcp&c 850 would probably be enough to run the current setup, However if this doesn't get cold enough Meanwell also has a 600W 5 1/4" bay power supply I could use to run larger Peltiers, but I don't plan on going any bigger if my current setup works as is

you gunna need more then a 80w pelt to to cool those 7800's, maybe more like 100+

525162[/snapback]

i doubt that

Once I connect it all up, I will report some temperatures so that we all know once and for all :D

EDIT:

I still don't have the right hardware to mount the GPU blocks to the cards yet, but they are in line with the WC system. I booted up to the BIOS just to see what kind of CPU temps I will eventually be getting, and the Motherboard Temp Sensor stopped reporting actual numbers below 0*C

Its ugly, but I just wanted to post a pic of the setup so far, I intend to have it evolve into a beautiful butterfly :P I had a cheapo 50 dollar card lying around that's what I used to see the bios screen

DSC00955_small.JPG

Edited by Weee

Nice setup man! Remember when using a pelt you must insulate well or you will feel the wrath of condensation lol.

btw, what site are you coming to us from? I noticed it says you joined last month so that means you have prior knowledge of what you are doing before you joined OCC lol no noob already knows what w/cing and a pelt are let alone how to set it up lol. :)