3dmark 05 With 7800 Sli

Weee

Hi All, I don't know how many out there have an Nvidia 7800 SLI setup yet, but I have one with a 3700+ SD and I have noticed that my 3dmark05 scores go up linearly with CPU clock frequency, while the core and memory frequencies on the actual GPU have little to no effect, especially at stock clocks for my CPU.

Based on this I should go for an FX-57 and then I can really push the limits, I am trying to reach the 15k 3dmark05 point, right now i'm stuck around 12.5k But I am working on some improved Cooling for my cpu (Water cooled Peltier) and hopefully that will allow me to push quite a few more marks out of it

but I have one with a 3700+ SD

525103[/snapback]

read his post its like the second sentence. i think to push that cpu to the max phase change is the only way to go. or just go with fx series to really utilize optimum performance

well, that seems like a definite sign of bottlenecking, i would go for an fx55 or fx57 and u will notice an increase in points when u oc ur GPU(s).

526916[/snapback]

Actually with the 7800 card there is minimal increase in performance when you overclock the core. It makes jumps in performance every 30-35mhz or so when your overclocking the core.

Weee, what OS are you running? If you are not running win2k then get it as you will need it to tweak your system for optimum performance to attain a score like 15k+.

Weee, what OS are you running? If you are not running win2k then get it as you will need it to tweak your system for optimum performance to attain a score like 15k+.

526956[/snapback]

winXP Right now, Nerm, do you ever come on IRC?

yes I have a 3700+ and I'm not quite ready to go for the fx-57 just yet due to $$. I am going to keep working on my cooling for a little while, only have a little bit of time each week to dedicate to the project right now

yea I get on IRC some, but not as much as I used to. I will try and get on there sometime in the near future and we can chit-chat about tweaking that system. :) Like I said you should find you a copy of win2k somewhere and load it on there for benching. win2k is the best benching OS by far.

:wink: If you dont want to pay for win2k... *cough*

Anyway; 15k on 3dmark04 would be hella impressive. Suck that, ATi. >

528629[/snapback]

3dmark04? lol please tell me you mean't 3dmark05 haha. :P

• 2 months later...