Programming Challenge 1

cold_snipe

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OOh aah, i leave for a few days, and look what you do! heh.

So far the 4 or so entries are great, it is very interesting how iostream is way bloated. The contest is still open for 8 days, after that I will either chose one person, or more likely voting will start, everyone can cast a vote for one of the entries. After that I will probably start challenge 2, if anyone else wants to do it / contribute ideas, please PM me.

and remember everyone, you still have plenty of time to enter, or if you dont want to, the next contest will be up by the 5th probably. I will make it easier, but I have no ideas yet. Right now im in a hotel in nanaimo so I got to go,

remember, have fun with this challenge! :D

and kb my compiler still accepts both ways of declaring header files, it's not outdated, I am.

it's pretty hard to shake off old habits. it was pretty hard enough learning c++ myself, given the fact that they still teach pascal in highscools here.

Okay everyone, it is time to wrap this challenge up. I have decided that the community will vote for one person in one post, and I will count those up. Voting will start now, and will go on until Sept 1. If by that time there is a tie, or less then 5 people have voted, I will decide on the winner (:D)

So, start voting, I hope enough people will vote.

People you can vote for are: Verran, Spazmire11, Markiemrboo, and Lt Navvara.

The next contest will not be easier as i previously stated, but maybe harder (or of equal difficulty).

Let the voting begin!

well i had rigged mine up to do the entire ascii carecter set ut there were some probs with how it was working if any one wants the code ill post it but it dosent work and is probably very hard to understand

but anyways i have to vote for verran even tho i think mine was the best :)

I vote for the boo. :P

Sure, mine was faster, but only based on ideas given to me by markie.

I don't see the need for a winner anyways, I had a lot of fun regardless :)

I've been trying to come up with one of my own, but I've been back to work lately. And after 2 months of being bedridden, my energy levels are very low and I sleep a lot :) I hope to be back to normal soon.