Sign in to follow this  
LoArmistead

Psu Dilemma

OK, for my new rig (3700+ sandy, nf4 lanparty, x800xl) i did quite a bit of research for my PSU. It finally came down to a Neopower 480. I can get it for $100. Dynex also offers a 500w max psu, and it is 75% cheaper than the neopower. It appeared to be pretty nice quality, its a sturdy, heavy PSU. CChalogamer bought one for one of his rigs and tested it out. He has some OCing going on (3000+ venice) and this Dynex PSU has held up surprisingly well. Where I work I've never had any of them returned and no complaints about them. After reading one of the topics on here about a PSU frying a mobo...I am cautious to put the dynex PSU in my rig...I know antec makes good PSU's, but I've never personally tested a Dynex PSU, though the one I bought has good reviews. Now, I am 50/50 on going ahead and getting the antec because I know a PSU is nothing you want to cheap out on, and it's only $100 to get the antec..so idk. My rig wont get the first boot till Monday (thats when the sandy comes in), but all the other hardware is installed and waiting. So, what would yall do? Dynex (tested, reliable, good quality, not well known) or Antec (tested, quality, reliable, very well known).

I would go with the antec unless there something really good about that dynex, I never heard they were that good.

Guest Flashstar

Don't forget Seasonic. They make some of the most stable psus.

NEVER buy an off brand psu

I wouldn't say never. Most of the time most PSU's are relabeled and are manufactured by a large ODM (original design manufacturer). What is more important is the ODM in the end.

LoArmistead:

Is there a UL/RU number on the PSU sticker? E.g. it would be E123456 for example.

Don't forget Seasonic. They make some of the most stable psus.

523651[/snapback]

Yeah, I got one in my Linux box that'd be 10+ years old easy & still going strong :thumbs-up: