Anyone Know Of A Tool To Test A Video Card?

I would like to know if anyone knows if there is a tool out there to test a video card? Something similar to DFT or Memtest86; something that will actually test it and show if it is good or bad.

i have never done it, but ATI Tool is supposed to work fine on NV or ATI hardware, some features may nto be available since you have an NV card, but there is an artifact detector in ATI Toll that alot of people use to test a cards stability after overclocking/flashing

A monitor?

522281[/snapback]

Short, but good point.

Try some heavy gaming on highest settings and run maybe some diagnotic program like fix it utilities, but that costs money.

Short, but good point.

Try some heavy gaming on highest settings and run maybe some diagnotic program like fix it utilities, but that costs money.

522354[/snapback]

Ok, I know that if the monitor doesn't work it is the monitor or the card...duh!

I have not heard of fix it utilities, does it run a diag on the video?

:lol:

as mentioned ATI tool is nice...you can't use any of the OC functions on an nVidia card, but the "scan for Artifacts" function works well...

522374[/snapback]

Indeed it does, that basically tells you everytime if your going to get artifacts in any game, which I guess can give u some kind of testing

Then something is wrong with your card. Probably crappy stock thermal past, or the application there of.

I will not use an overclock unless it can do 24 hours of ATItool's artifact scan with ZERO errors, with the fan speed turned down.

After I am done with my card they are useually more stable than new, out of the box, garbage that 99% of video cards are.

I have yet to see a useable (as in perfect) application of thermal material on any stock video card that I have dissasembled. This includes six X800pros, and five 6800GTs. Two of the 6800GT had large obviuous air bubbles or gaps where a good chunck of the die was not in contact with anything. Several of the cards had dry, flaky material and all the others had too much paste.

i forgot to put a smiley in my last post...:-)

i ment to say that in a sarcastic tone couse i get an error after like half an hour in Ati tool at max clock( that was with my 9700pro, i didnt oc the 6800 yet)... and apsolutley no artefacts are visible in games.. in any game... ever...

so i cant say i think artefact testers are reliable programs for testing your max OC...