Sign in to follow this  
Mr Ham Cake

Budget Case

Thats about it. Need a decent case w/ a PS, need a link, would like to buy through new egg. Need to run a 6600GT APG8x, 1gb ram, eVGA Nf3 250gb, and a 80gb hardrive. And a Sempron 3000+ skt 754. I found a couple but idk. Doesn't need to be flashy but I don't really want white/beige.

PS. I'm not going to overclock at all.

At the moment, I don't have any suggestions, except for a general note.

Don't skimp on cases. I know that can be said with everything, but if you plan on going into it to fix/change/upgrade, you want one that is built well. and budget cheapies generally aren't. That and the psu's that come with them are really bad, and if you haven't already been told, the psu is the heart of your machine. You don't want a bad heart.

spend the money. get a nice looking case that fits your style and is built well with good air ventilation to keep the whole thing cool.

That and the psu's that come with them are really bad, and if you haven't already been told, the psu is the heart of your machine.  You don't want a bad heart.

521552[/snapback]

I agree with BiPolar, spend a little extra and get a good psu. You don't want an unstable machine because of a bad psu.

As for a case what is your budget? hard to say without knowing a price range since they vary so much.

I also agree with these guys in getting a more expensive case that are better built and more reliable. Sadly i made the mistake of getting a budget case. Don't get me wrong it is a great case but it is really flimsy and not made out of the best material. save your money and get a good case along with a really good psu.

Guest Raven65

An inexpensive good case would be a raidmax cobra oe a scorpio. 868 or is it the 686.

I never like when I hear Budget and or cheap and power supply in same sentence, just asking for trouble.

Thanks guys, I've just never put in a power suppy before and I'm a little..... nervous about putting in the "heart". I have about a $100 budget for the case and the PS. Like I said before, I don't need anything flashy at all and would like to buy at new egg. ANY brands that I should stay away from or good brands I should look in to(besides the ones listed already). Or if you guys already know what I can get for 100 bucks give me the link. Oh ya, if anyone knows where i can get an old Apple G3 or a G4 case, that would be pretty sweet and I wouldn't mind spending more money for that. But I just took a look at my parents old G3 and the power suppy looked small, so I don't know if "PC" parts would even fit inside. But you know, whatever, and hit me up with so good links guys.

You've budgeted $100 for both the case AND PSU? A bit tight there, but it's enough to work with I think.

Case: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16811144102

PSU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16817104954

Take a look at those and tell me what you guys think of that. About the best I could manage picking quality parts.