Well, It Was Either An X850xtpe Or This...

Nagash

thats a nice lookin gun too, looks similar in some ways to a .357 magnum...

what caliber is that btw? .44?

541081[/snapback]

The "Anaconda" version that I pictured in my last post will shoot either .44 or .45 long. The Colt "King Cobra" is the .357 magnum version.

Another one of my fav handguns is the Glock 17. Here is a pic of it.....

2011-10-10_12-17-06_39.jpg

Although it is not as powerful as the "Anaconda" or "King Cobra" it is a very sleek smooth shooting semi-auto handgun.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although it is not as powerful as the "Anaconda" or "King Cobra" it is a very sleek smooth shooting semi-auto handgun.

541144[/snapback]

with a notorious safety problem :(

infact it was a friend of the family that was involved in the incident that made most police departments in the detroit area get rid of thier glocks.

Suspect was stealing a car from a car dealership, police caught him in the act. the officer in question opened the passenger side door of the vehicle while the suspect was attempting to get it off the lot, with his weapon drawn, safety was ON, and finger off the trigger. suspect hit a parked car causing the officer's weapon to hit the dashboard, round fired killing the suspect.

after a little dispute in court, glock was asked to send one of thier experts to examine the weapon for any form of malfunction. they found none. glock was also asked to bring another weapon in, that they certified was in perfect working order. the defense attorney for the officer had them load both guns with blanks... both guns that glock certified as problem free. both guns were safetied. fingers were off the trigger. both guns were then struck butt end down on a table. BOTH weapons fired. obviously the officer was cleared of any wrong doings at that point. the family of the dead suspect lost thier law suite against the officer, PD and city at that point. Glock on the other hand had to pay up (unfortuante, since it was the dead man who put himself in that situation in the first place).

Now it's all SIG or S&W... excpet for places like Beverly Hills, Birmingham, where they all carry H&K now (they spend way too much for guns those officers will NEVER use).

WOW! bigred I have never heard of that safety problem with glocks before. I have extensively used two Glock17's and one Glock19 and loved them both. Of course I never tried slamming the butt of the gun down on anything either lol.

I just purchased a Glock 26 for my CCW firearm. For one thing BigRed Glocks do not even have external safeties, so I find it a little hard to believe that the safety was "on". The only problem that Glocks ever have with a Slamfire condition (similiar to the instance you described, usually caused by closing the slide and chambering a new round when reloading however.) is if you oil inside the firing pin channel. This will cause gunk, grime and powder to cause the FP to stick out a little bit when disengaged. This is potentially dangerous and can cause ADs like you described. If you care for your Glock properly (it says not to oil the FP channel in the owners manual) they are among the safest firearms known to man.

i want a MAC10 for the heck of it

540614[/snapback]

I know somebody that went hunting with a Mac10 once :ph34r: haha Lets just say it was a full auto version, the deer didn't have a chance, and you can draw you own conclusions from here on out lol ;)