Well, It Was Either An X850xtpe Or This...

Nagash

I have had my eyes on a Sig P226 for over four years now, and today I finally took a trip to a gun store and bought one.  I was originally going to buy a brand new one (around $700 with one lousy magazine) but they had a Sig "Certified Pre-Owned" 226 with four magazines (two 15 round and 2 10 round) for $529!  I could not pass that deal up, especially as the magazines themselves are $30-$35 each.  It is the 9x19mm caliber.  Here are some pics, enjoy!

520748[/snapback]

Awesome gun, congrats. I'm thinking of getting my concealed permit eventually(only thing you need in florida - can own handguns, rifles, or shotguns but need permit to carry) so I can pick up a nice Glock 27...its a fat little thing, but I love it anyway :lol: Guns are only for protection in the worst life threatening scenario, so I dont see the point in the 22's subcompacts and the like(only wanna-be gangsters with something to hide or women need a subcompact handgun :lol: ), but that full sized 9mm sig is cool :) IMO you need a gun that you know will put someone on their back with one shot in case of an emergency...on Cops I saw a fairly large man keep going strong after being shot from maybe 15 feet away with a 22 pistol. That doenst make me feel safe - if he had a weapon a retaliation shot could have proved fatal.

The sig handguns are amazing though - you know they are serious if the seals use em :) (talking about seals, my friend has a 38 special - that may be my favorite handgun of all, but a little heavy for my taste)

**edit** lol OCC shootout - we have 3 guns in the house but none are mine...a 25 and a 32 handgun, and a huge 12 gauge shotty - bet the 12 gauge wins :P **edit**

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well depends where you live, first of all, I'm 20, 2nd I wouldn't have use for a gun at the moment. What am I going to shoot in brooklyn without getting arrested?? lol

520752[/snapback]

:withstupid: then again you might need it if you live in brownsville :lol:

the only use for a gun is to hunt and id prefer a 30-30 or a rifle with some real power. for self defense just jet a tazer or something non lethal trust me they work even better. if you shot a guy in the leg hell hop away but with voltage running through his body hell stop on his tracks.

Its so much different here in florida - in new york it was a huge thing for someone to have a firearm(they are illegal after all) but in florida they are everywhere. I can literally go to the fleamarket or a gunshow and buy a handgun cash without a background check or anything :lol:

if you shot a guy in the leg hell hop away but with voltage running through his body hell stop on his tracks.

520773[/snapback]

^That just means the gun wasnt big enough :lol: Shoot someone in the knee with a 45 and they arent getting back up on their own :D . In a big city though, a tazer is probably a much safer, easier form of protection though.

Nagash nobody thinks you are planning a heist! :lol: Guns arent just for harming people, shooting ranges are a blast. My mother loves shooting and target practice but hates guns and would never carry one in a million years(I think she should - she is petite and 4'11", I'd feel much safer if she had some form of protection)

NYC is far from deserts :\ But I would use it to play russian roulette for kicks.

520781[/snapback]

Wow, respect for firearms and their safe handling and use is really lacking around here :blink: .