Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flashstar

Brown Out

I live in Pembroke Pines, just south of Ft. Lauderdale. The heat is horrid this summer, crap humidity.

The New York thing happened when some idiot at a power relay station in like Chicago or someplace grounded the power that was supposed to goto New York.

But, yeah, no A/C is a real bummer. I would die here without it.

Guest Flashstar

It turns out that the power stepdown box behind my house shorted out. It unfortunately affected only 2 or 3 houses on my street.

The good news is that TXU electric thought that one of their Vice Presidents lived in my house so the electric guy said that he would "fix it right". :D

And within 30 minutes, everything was pretty much as good as new!

(My mother tried calling them herself 3 times but they said that they didn't know when they could help us.)

It just goes to show that they value their employees more than their customers. :(

u guys should have been in florida last summer. when i got hit by hurricanes, no power for almost 1.5 months. that means no AC, ran my computer of a generator, only have fans blowing hot air at ya :D

518846[/snapback]

Dont remind me! Although I live probably closer to you then I'd feel comfortable admitting(:P) I only had no power for maybe 4 days :D . It was torture though - soooo...hotttttt....

Sorry guys I live in NYC, but a friend of mine just moved to Fort Myers. Ima visit there on Winter (Despise the heat)

Sorry guys I live in NYC, but a friend of mine just moved to Fort Myers. Ima visit there on Winter (Despise the heat)

518909[/snapback]

What part of NYC? I've been in florida for 5 years already, but I'm still a new yorker at heart :D (2288 2nd ave harlem B:) )

NYC-Brooklyn-Bushwick area.

519044[/snapback]

Cool, my bro lives in bushwick. He taught me about the "Bushwick Beat-down" :lol: