Sli Or Not Sli

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1x 7800gtx outperforms 2x overclocked 6800u in sli. :lol: and imo these cards are not worth buying untill nvidia and ati bring out the real deal.

519252[/snapback]

I dont think Iv read the same reviews as you... I believe the 7800 performs about as good as 2 6800gt's stock, but 2 6800u's? thats stretchin the truth.

lies i tell you all lies

jk i really dont know. why dont you buy two 6800s and try them against 1 7800 . if your unsatisfied with the 6800s then send them to me ill take them off your hands and ill do it for free

The 7800's are fads. They will only perform better at higher resolutions, but what good that does that do you when you have an LCD that only does 1280x1024? The 6800GT is not behind on numbers when running at that resolution.

Here's a better idea. Find a card with dual cores and then get an nForce4-4X motherboard. Nvidia made it easy to do a pin mod on the 4X so that you can make it into an Ultra. From that point, the x16 slot will be converted into 2 x8's allowing a dual core card to run in SLI.

Edited by FxXP

Or.. Why not ask BigRed?? I'm sure he tested these first hand (if not, Hell would freeze over)

BigRed Share us your results! We're counting on u.... oh yea and counting on KB too

1 prolem with gettin one 7800 now and one later... they have to be completely identical to work in sli .. well u might say that hey.. ill go to the same company ... but they have to be IDENTICAL .. like perfectly identical .. like EVERYTHING right down to the BIOS.. so yea .. but go with 1 7800gtx .. it does do just as good or better than 2 6800s