Weight Gain Diet Questions

Bionix

last year I worked out for about 6 months straight. 6/7 days a week. Due to a back injury I couldn't workout for about 8 months. Now that I'm ready to work out, I was wondering if anyone could help me with some dietary questions. I know that I have to eat alot of protein, but what else should I be eating? Or possibly avoiding? Before, I just ate everything I could.... it kinda worked... I gained alot of strength... I didnt gain too much mass though. ANy help would be appreciated.

There's a book called "The Hard Body Plan" by Men's Health Magazine that has everything you need to know about liftin. It has a lot of different workouts so you don't get bored, and the best diet for building muslce. It is possibly the best thing you can read for lifting.

id recomend a lot of fish. they are very high in protine and other minerals and the such.

although straight meat may have a lot of protine unless its really lean it also has alot of fat. For that reason chicken is a really good option. Also always have some kind of veggie with your meal.

so for like breakfast have an egg and toast

lunch a chicken sandwich and an apple (NOT FROM A FAST FOOD PLACE) buy some frozen chicken breasts and just defrost it in the microwave (5 mins) then throw it on a pan with some olive oil and maby some cyanne peper and some lemon peel for 5 mins (until hte middle of the chicken turns white)

and for diner stay away from alot of pasta. it is really high in starch which the body just turns into fat. (so pasta rice a lot of bread stuff like that)

have like a cod or tuna or some other fish in a ceaser salad or something of that nature. You can find recipies for low fat ceaaser dressing that taste a TON beter than anything you could ever buy in a store.

also and forget the atkins diet or any stupid freaking thing like that. Yes they work but that is because you are starving your self of things that your body really needs like calcium and carbs (booth are absolutl crucial to muscle devolpment and calcium is what makes your muscles move)

Edited by BionicSniper

Wait gain is touchy - if you are still young its best to just wait a couple of years till you are at least 18 and your metabolism starts to slow down. Lord knows then I was like 13(not saying anyone is that young, just an example) I couldnt gain weight for nothing. I was always eating - maybe 5 *full* meals a day - but staying skinny. As you get older you'll gain weight in due time(even if you dont want to ) - how many really skinny 25-30 year olds do you know? :P:lol:

It was already mentioned but high protien diets and lots of "heavy weights" (dont do that lots of low weight reps - 3 sets of 8 motions, once in the morning and once in the evening, using at least 75 percent of your max every other day is the way to go). Be careful with protien drinks and a high protien diet - you CAN overdose protien(along with many other vitamins), treat those shakes like medicine.

If you are at least 18 years old there is an energy drink that you can order online to use before workouts that I can attest to its strenght. Serious, this is some strong stuff - drink responsibly :lol:. I usually have no problems with energy drinks, caffine, or the like, but one bottle of this actually had me sweaty with involuntary shivers, and a noticably increased heartrate. Makes bawls feel like sugar water. Scary stuff but NOTHING else(thats legal ;)) will hit you this hard. Its called Redline(you think the ram is powerful, try the drink :lol: ). It's intense...I'm sure an overdose can turn your workout into the worst day of your life - there are some pretty bad horror stories about that stuff. When used "correctly" it can really make a difference.

Just please dont get your parents to order it and chug 2 bottles...

I'm not new to working out and yeah, I'm done growing. I'm 17 and I'm 5'11". Last year I used creatine constantly. It defintaley helped... but like I said my back injury just made me lose all of what I gained. I'm not interested in taking that redline stuff, sounds like some cheap form of speed. I already know the basics of muscle growth, proteins, amno acids and whatnot. The point of this thread is that I just wanted to know if I should stay away from certain foods. I really don't care about gaining fat (bionic sniper), so it doesn't matter if the meat I eat has fat on it. If I gain too much fat it'll be a sinch for me to lose it. Should I avoid carbs? Should I avoid sugar?

:gives all of you a mean look: ugh...I can look at food and gain weight..anyway...to gain the right kind of weight eat a good balanced diet of lean meat, fruits and veggies....make sure you throw in a multi vitamin...and when you work out...take a few weight gain protein shakes and lift enough weights to gain muscle....cardio will only make you "high metab" people lose weight. Too much sugar is bad for anyone...if you dont care about what kind of fat you gain..then eat whatever you want in moderation.....moderation is key.