Sign in to follow this  
flashystylez

Should I Sell My 4000+ A64 For A 4800x2

Just wondering, as they have few differences aside from the obvious. Anyone know if its worth getting?

unless your primary use of that computer is professional video editing, design engineering, or 3D modelling/rendering, i'd say no...

since you have a 7800 i'd say it's highly unlikely that the above applies... you'd be better off getting an FX57

If you want to spend that much money get the fx-57 I think it is a bit cheaper and works better if your into video editing and other stuff like that get a dual core then. My dual core then 4400+ works great for my games and video edititing I do.

but until you can put a top of the line X2 up against a top of the lin FX in a head to head fight... you'll think the X2 is amazing. no so in the real world.

The only reason you would want to go X2 is for multytasking or multy threaded apps ( video editing rendering databasing) for games FX still rules. But ina ayears time Unreal 3 will be multythreaded and Quake 4 so you can future proof yourself but you dont seem like the type to buy rarely

Guest Silenc3
If you want to spend that much money get the fx-57 I think it is a bit cheaper and works better if your into video editing and other stuff like that get a dual core then. My dual core then 4400+ works great for my games and video edititing I do.

518274[/snapback]

That Hardly made Sense at all.

X2 = Not for Gamers

FX57 = Gamers

Wrong...

X2= Multi threaded apps

FX 57= Single threaded apps

Most games are single threaded so what you said does make a bit of sense, but if a developer were to push for multithreaded games, then the X2 would beat out the FX.

yet another x2 vs fx thread are you getting tired of these yet big red?

Ugh, this is like the millionth time this question has been asked. For the sake of our sanity, would a mod please take one of the threads where this question has already been asked and make it a sticky? That way lazy people only have to click two links to find it instead putting in the tremendous effort it apparently takes to use the search function..... :angry:

Guest Silenc3
Wrong...

X2= Multi threaded apps

FX 57= Single threaded apps

Most games are single threaded so what you said does make a bit of sense, but if a developer were to push for multithreaded games, then the X2 would beat out the FX.

519546[/snapback]

Wanna Duke it Out?

I aint talking about in 5 Years bud, I'm Talking NOW.

Good lord.

Totally agreed, on Kashk5's Post. These are really getting annoying.

Edited by Silenc3

Wasn't trying to be a dick or anything, it just annoys me too.

And how was anything about that incorrect? FX 57 is better for single threaded apps and the X2's are better for multi threaded apps.