Amd Processors

reliable, but i think that picking a socket and jsut getting a better board to start off with is the better option now...and do you ever plan actually UPGRADE with the board?

And of course that OC thing...why not buy a PChips or something....they run good at stock...sometimes.

517739[/snapback]

That overclock thing ain't that bad provided you get a higher mutiplier chip and choose your graphics card carefully, the BIOS has a lot of decent overclocking features (for the price= $70) and I currently run a 3400, 754 at over 2.6 gig (217mhz with a 12x multiplier), I recently upgraded from a 2800 to a 3400 754 because I wanted that 12x and couldn't yet afford a 2.4 gig 939 (over twice the price!) and it kicks good butt!, my next upgrade will be a 2.4 939 dual core when they come down to $150 and then I can also activate my dual channel and 1000mhz htt and pop in an X850pe (when they are $100, lol)

I still maintain this board is absolutely made for the skint novice with a Sempron 2600 754!, I mean what other board can take an FX57 or 4400 too? PC chips indeed...bah! :O

aah...never mind... I give up

Edited by guzzidom

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic